Wiki Posts
Search

UA tran and BKK hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2006, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Asia Airport - AVOID, AVOID AVOID

I stayed at the Asia Airport hotel for a night in 2004 and it was an absolute sh*t hole.

The place smelled of damp. The door didn't lock. We had to wait an hour for the shuttle. It took about 20 minutes to get there because of the one-way system at Don Muang.

It was cheap (same as a 4* in downtown) but we could have got there faster in a cab.

The best thing about the place was checking out the next day.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, USAirways, AA, CO,DL,WN,Midwest
Unhappy

This is my first trip to BKK, and I have to admit I am REALLY confused as to what to do with this "which airport", "which hotel" thing. I appreicate people giving advice about staying in a certain area, but since they mean nothing to me..... I am beginning to really regreat going through BKK. It sounds like it will be a total nightmare. No one seems to know that "if" the new airport is open if there are even ANY hotels near it!

I called a travel agency recommended by Thai Airways and I could not get a straight yes or no as to if there are any hotels open at the new airport.

Very confusing
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure what you want us to do for you? Make some sort of guarantee that the new airport will be open on 30 Sep? That is not currently possible but may be possible closer to 15 Sep. For now you'll need to be flexible.

Again, if you can provide some more details re: your itinerary I am fairly certain that we can come up with all sorts of alternative ideas and recommendations.

How long is your layover? Which day(s) of the week? What times for arrival/departure? (These latter two are vital due to traffic considerations.) Will you have checked bags? Is your connecting flight domestic or international? What is your budget re: hotels?

For now you could make a cancellable, refundable reservation at the Novotel at the new airport, and/or maybe another at a hotel closer to the old airport, but with easy access to the expressway out to the new airport. (I'll work on some ideas here and post later.)

As always with more details we can make better recommendations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.