Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Europe to Beijing on SkyTeam - best options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer

I need to go to Beijing in October. ITA tells me I can go AF via CDG, KL via AMS, KL+CZ via AMS, or AF/SU via CDG and SVO. It looks like the prices are best on KL and AF, with so little difference in fares between the two as to not matter. Any compelling reasons to pick one of the two - or one of the four?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:21 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by DanTravels
I need to go to Beijing in October. ITA tells me I can go AF via CDG, KL via AMS, KL+CZ via AMS, or AF/SU via CDG and SVO. It looks like the prices are best on KL and AF, with so little difference in fares between the two as to not matter. Any compelling reasons to pick one of the two - or one of the four?
I would probably prefer KL, in both Y and J. CZ and AF are ok, but I don't like AF's legroom in coach. I assume you're not seriously considering making two connections and paying more to fly SU. Just choose on price and schedule. And welcome to FT!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by jpdx
I would probably prefer KL, in both Y and J. CZ and AF are ok, but I don't like AF's legroom in coach. I assume you're not seriously considering making two connections and paying more to fly SU. Just choose on price and schedule. And welcome to FT!
Thanks. I've done short flights within Europe, like AMS-CDG, on both KL and AF, but no long stuff yet, and yeah, this will be coach as far as I know, so I guess I'll stick with KL. And no, I wasn't really thinking of paying more to fly SU... just if the fares changed and they had some wonderful sale...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.