Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Travel planner unwittingly says Taiwan is part of China, results in stranded pax

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel planner unwittingly says Taiwan is part of China, results in stranded pax

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2007, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by kuroneko
Not necessarily. The article says that he was coming from Hong Kong, which is a Special Economic Zone that does not require a PRC visa.
Hong Kong is only one city.
Old May 7, 2007, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by kuroneko
Not necessarily. The article says that he was coming from Hong Kong, which is a Special Economic Zone that does not require a PRC visa.
But last I checked Hong Kong is one city (and a "World City" at that!) and the guy visited a "dozen". He'd need a visa even to get across the border at Shenzen.
Old May 11, 2007, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
For the record, even for us "pro-Taiwan" types out there, we typically don't use the term Red China. PRC - People's Republic of China (aka China) and ROC - Republic of China (aka Taiwan) are easier and more accurate ways of making the distinction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.