Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best city in Pakistan for one week

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2006, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Best city in Pakistan for one week

What is the best city in Pakistan to visit. We will be in Dubai and want to take a hop over to Pakistan, but not sure where to go.

One week in Pakistan is all we have.

thanks
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
One week is a good timeframe to get the flavour of Pakistan, but I wouldn't limit myslef to one city.

Try 5 days in Lahore and 2 in Islamabad -or- 5 days in Lahore and 2 in Karachi. Lahore has a lot of historical sites/architecture, a lively artsy-fartsy scene and a really nice ambience, which is why I recommend Lahore as a must.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 10:14 am
Original Poster

How easy is it to travel between those cities? Of course, there are airplanes, but are there also trains or buses? How far are the distances?

Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Traveling between Karachi and Lahore (700 ish miles) will involve either a long (13 - 18 hour) train journey -or- a 2 hour flight.

Between Lahore and Islamabad, about 150 miles, you can either rent a car w/ a driver, take a luxury coach (w/ airline style security, hostess service, food, bevs and video ent) (about 4 hrs), take a train (5-8 hours), or fly (35 min flight). Travel, including air travel is quite cheap in Pakistan.

If you fly from Dubai to Lahore, spend four full days there then drive leisurely to Islamabad on the fifth day, you will have enough time to see the sights of Islamabad and vicinity in 1 1/2 day, then fly back to Dubai fro Islamabad. I'm thinking Emirates or PIA would be your best bet for this type of open jaw itinerary.
Old May 7, 2006, 7:27 am
Original Poster

My trip to Pakistan just got extended to 14 days.

So now I can visit several cities. I am thinking of Karachi, Islamabad, and Lahore.

Anything else I should add ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.