Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Hotel Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, DL
Dearest Flyers! You've all been so kind with your help and suggestions for this relative newcomer. Thank you for making me feel welcome with your wit and wisdom. But so many hotels to choose from...and we'll only be there for 2 days before moving on to the islands. This is a tough choice, but I wanted to thank all of you again.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, DL
Dearest Flyers: Thanks again for you generous counsel and suggestions. After a lot of head scratching and website digging, we've decided on the
Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square. 2 nights at $78/night seems reasonable for a good lookin' 4 star hotel with a well received spa, restaurants, pool, and next to the Skytrain station. Have any Flyers stayed there before? Your thoughts?

Also, thanks to Q Shoe Guy for the excellent website suggestions.I'll add another one: www.sawadee.com. We've made all our reservations through them to Bangkok, Koh Samui, and Koh Tao and they seem very reliable as well as a few dollars less than the other sites.

But I guess the real proof will be upon check-in, won't it?
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:34 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
www.sawadee.com has one failing. It bills in baht which means that you will incur a currency conversion fee on your credit card. www.asiarooms.com seems to presently be the cheapest, but prices seem to change daily, but it is billed directly in U.S. $. At least in some sawadee.com hotels, the rates are the normal rates for the hotel rather than a consolidator rate.

Despite this I have satisfactorily used sawadee, asiarooms, asia-hotels.com, and precisionreservations.com at various times over the last 3 years including twice in the last 3 months.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:28 pm

Question

That place certainly looks whacky, but how does it fare overall? I'll be in BKK next month and have the usual HH, SPG, & Hyatt options and status, but might give Reflections a go for a change if it's recommended.

Otherwise, of the SPG, Hyatt & HH options in town, which are most highly recommended?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by jpatokal
... And for something truly wonderfully bizarre, there's always Reflections Rooms!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Dakota
That place certainly looks whacky, but how does it fare overall? I'll be in BKK next month and have the usual HH, SPG, & Hyatt options and status, but might give Reflections a go for a change if it's recommended.
I love the place, but it's not for everybody, and if you're expecting the polished service of an international chain hotel you'd do best to head elsewhere. I also can't recommend Reflections for a business trip, as it's really not geared for business travel (most rooms don't even have eg. a work table)... but if you like crazy interior decoration, friendly, personal service and a location off the tourist trail in one of Bangkok's funkier neighborhoods it's worth a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.