Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit from NRT to Mandarin Oriental

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2005, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Transit from NRT to Mandarin Oriental

I'm staying at the new Mandarin Oriental in Tokyo in Janurary and can't figure out how to get there.

Any insight?
Old Oct 21, 2005, 6:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
Faster responses if this were in the Tokyo forum.

I think the reason why I couldn't find much information on the hotel was because it doesn't open until December 2005. However referencing the hotel's website I found out its near JR Shin-nihombashi station, which is roughly 1.5km away from Tokyo Station.

You could probably take the Narita Express train from NRT - Tokyo station then taxi over to the hotel.

I would assume the airport limobus would start service to the hotel once it opens as well.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 7:30 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mesadler
I'm staying at the new Mandarin Oriental in Tokyo in Janurary and can't figure out how to get there.
There is also the option of taking the bus to the Tokyo City Air Terminal (TCAT) which is close by. From there a taxi should cost in the region of 800 yen.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The MOT is going to be in Mitsukoshi-mae, north of Nihombashi. Probably easiest to take the train to Tokyo station and then a cab to the hotel, probably around 1000 yen.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 5:47 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
ugly hotel...

Originally Posted by Pickles
The MOT is going to be in Mitsukoshi-mae, north of Nihombashi. Probably easiest to take the train to Tokyo station and then a cab to the hotel, probably around 1000 yen.

my friend told me after having a look at the hotel, that he doesnt like the interior.

let us now if it is good.

dp
Old Oct 22, 2005, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by derpelikan
my friend told me after having a look at the hotel, that he doesnt like the interior.

let us now if it is good.

dp
He saw the inside? Was that on a special preview? It certainly isn't open to the public yet.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 7:37 am
Original Poster

I'm doing the AMEX Centurion yearly MO deal, 2 for 1 and double upgrade. So it's cheaper for me to stay there than anywhere else of it's caliber in Tokyo. I'll report back.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
I found the HP and a picture of the room. It looks very nice.

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/558000001.asp
http://www.ikyu.com/datas/00001050x.htm
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trying to decipher the web page, it appears they have two sizes of rooms: 50 sq mt (very large) and 60 sq mt (even larger). Beyond that, the view determines the price. They also charge more for higher floors although since all the rooms only occupy 7 floors (30-36), this must be purely a play to Japanese psychology. If you don't need the larger room, I'd suggest you should go for the minimum price room and save a few thousand yen a night. It's not at all clear that the the "better view" really is better except maybe there are rare days when you'd see Fuji.

Introductory pricing is also not much of a discount from rack rates. Barring a special deal (like the OP gets through Centurion), I'd wait a while to see if rate reality in the form of realistic corporate rates become available.

OP: If you really get a double upgrade, I'd pick two grades below the smallest suite, that would be a big win -- the other upgrades seem hardly worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.