Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maldives & Alcohol !!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by djibouti
Can one declare and check (until departure) luggage with purchased alcohol at the airport legally? Coming from NZ it's a shame not to be able to bring any wine.

Yes you can declare and they will keep it for you to be picked up at your departure. They will not let you take it inside the country. They also now scan every baggage and many hand luggage randomly. So if you think it is worth it take a risk and put it in the hand luggage. Never put it in the checked baggage as all baggage is scanned.

Now they have red and green channels and rarely check tourists hand luggage. The worst would be they just take the booze and give it back to you after you check in for your departure flight.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:24 pm

So you're suggesting go through the red lane? We're talking about a suitcase full of wines, and the idea is not to drink them in the Maldives but rather to take them home after.

I just don't want to have to surrender them permanently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.