Need a suggestion for a * Alliance flight from BKK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2005, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP

Hi,

we have 3 days of spare time and would go somewhere starting from BKK.

the best would be a location which is fare away and is very cheap.

i looked for KUL at the LH rate around 160USD rt but i dont know in which booking class this will be.

are there any cheap deals out, which will earn full mileage?

dp
Old Jul 9, 2005, 2:15 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
from BKK, I've done BOS and SFO. Sometimes NRT has promotions on.

Also on SQ to NYC, sometimes a good fare.

No special deals come to mind... i'll think more on it.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by derpelikan
Hi,

we have 3 days of spare time and would go somewhere starting from BKK.

the best would be a location which is fare away and is very cheap.

i looked for KUL at the LH rate around 160USD rt but i dont know in which booking class this will be.

are there any cheap deals out, which will earn full mileage?

dp
I think the cheapies on LH are H class, but you can verify this by running sample bookings at www.lufthansa-thailand.com , and the booking class will be displayed along with the miles to be earned. They offer some H fares that are web-only and slightly higher H fares (~ + 10%) that are available at the LH ticket office (Q-House, Asoke, soi Sukh. 21). All H fares earn 100% mileage when credited to LH M&L or UA/MP, in my experience.

They show these fares (base, exclusive of taxes & fees, I think, but round trip), in Thai Baht:
Germany 35,500
Europe 35,500
Jakarta 7,525
Ho Chi Minh 7,200
Kuala Lumpur 5,050

BKK-NRT-BKK on UA is ~ $660 USD all in, no min. stay, in Q outbound/H return for 5,774 miles.

BKK-MUC-BKK on LH is ~ $1,000 USD all in, no min. stay, in H class, for 10,902 miles.

The cheapest flights on TG, SQ, NH, SK and even LH all seem to result in reduced (or even zero) mileage accrual.

Last edited by transpac; Jul 9, 2005 at 5:14 am
Old Jul 9, 2005, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
8600 Baht incl. tax in H

LH in H will earn 3000 Miles so thats a fine deal.
Kuala Lumpur.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Try SIN on SK or SQ. The competetion is very hight on the BKK-SIN route and you will find plenty of good rates. SK to SIN in C should be around THB 10.000, but perhabs this promotion is over.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 2:38 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
SQ has promotions including hotels... next time i see one of those travel fairs, i'll try to remember to post it.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Again, if you are hoping to accrue miles then be very careful with SQ and SK. I believe both limit mileage accrual on their lowest priced fares.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 5:42 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Try SIN on SK or SQ. The competetion is very hight on the BKK-SIN route and you will find plenty of good rates. SK to SIN in C should be around THB 10.000, but perhabs this promotion is over.
I found BKK-SIN on SQ with only 8600 Baht (tax included) on SQ website, mileage accrual eligible.

I am wondering where you (derpelikan) get the 3000 miles from for BKK-KUL flights? Business class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.