Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage Storage at BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2005, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Luggage Storage at BKK?

I need to store some 4 or 5 good-size suitcases in Bangkok for a few days soon, while my daughter and I visit Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City. Is there a place to do this at the airport, or downtown?

Note: We are normally carry-on luggage folks, but this time she is temporarily moving to BKK and so will need to take a lot of stuff.

Thank you!
Old Jun 10, 2005, 8:50 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Unless things have changed in the last year or so, there are luggage storage areas in both terminals, but it's cheaper in the domestic terminal.

Here's a layout of the airport:
http://www.guidetothailand.com/maps-...al-airport.htm

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 10, 2005 at 8:54 am
Old Jun 10, 2005, 9:03 pm

Yes, I went late last year and used their Left Luggage facilities at the domestic terminal. If I remembered correctly, it was about 70 baht or 80 baht per luggage, per day.

How long will you be in Vietnam? If it is for more than a week or so, you may want to consider storing your suitcases at the hotel you have stayed at in BKK. Their Left Luggage services may come free (rarely for storage of more than a week) or for a cheaper fee than charged at the airport.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by feymaiden
Yes, I went late last year and used their Left Luggage facilities at the domestic terminal. If I remembered correctly, it was about 70 baht or 80 baht per luggage, per day.

How long will you be in Vietnam? If it is for more than a week or so, you may want to consider storing your suitcases at the hotel you have stayed at in BKK. Their Left Luggage services may come free (rarely for storage of more than a week) or for a cheaper fee than charged at the airport.
The plan has now changed, to visit Angkor Wat instead of Viet Nam. We probably will be there about 3 days, so storing luggage at our BKK hotel sounds very good.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
The plan has now changed, to visit Angkor Wat instead of Viet Nam. We probably will be there about 3 days, so storing luggage at our BKK hotel sounds very good.
Ahh, 3 days in Siem Reap. Have a good trip.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:25 am

is it safe to leave luggage there??
Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold
We left luggage for a few days in BKK at the end of last year. I think it's 70 baht/day in domestic and 90 baht/day in international. They make you sign a piece of paper that says you don't have anything valuable in there ($, laptop, jewelry, etc.). Our bags were completely intact when we picked them up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.