Wiki Posts
Search

Fill In My Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2005, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass, Skymiles, Worldperks, Hilton HHonors Silver, Mariot Rewards
Fill In My Itinerary

So I am planning my upcomming Asia trip, I am a little nervous about it as I have never taken a trip this long before (5 Weeks) So far this is what I have in mind. I am looking for any suggestions, what to do where, how to pace myself etc. I don't really intend on sticking 100% to what I plan, but I need a rough idea of what I will be doing/where I will be going to be able to enjoy where I am at the moment. I would really like to go to someplace that isn't very touristy and perhaps spend a week there just relaxing and absorbing the local culture, I thought Northern Vietnam might be good for this, or perhaps the Phillipines or Indonesia any coments? Also unlike others here on FT I am on a fairly strict student budget, I usually try to find a nice balance between comfort and cost, but I am still hoping to do this trip for not a whole lot of money.
July
7/11 Depart NYC 2:20Pm(Booked)
7/12 Arrive NRT 4:40 Pm

7/12-?
7/13-City Tour
7/14-City Tour
7/15- Disney Sea
7/16-?
7/17-?
7/18-? Airport

7/18 Depart NRT connect ICN Arrive SIN 6:25 PM(Booked)

7/18-20 SIN
18-?
19-?
20-?
7/21-23 KUL
21-?
22-?
23-?
7/24-25 Perhentian Island
24-
25-

7/26-31-?

August
8/1-8/7-?

8/8-15-?

8/16-20 BKK

8/20 Depart BKK (Booked)

Last edited by gradvmedusa; Apr 14, 2005 at 2:25 am
Old Apr 14, 2005, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Bali is quite nice. You can get pretty cheap tickets from SIN-DPS. Somewhere in the $100-$200 RT.

You'd better watch out, or someone will send you around the world on a wacky MR!
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass, Skymiles, Worldperks, Hilton HHonors Silver, Mariot Rewards
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Bali is quite nice. You can get pretty cheap tickets from SIN-DPS. Somewhere in the $100-$200 RT.

You'd better watch out, or someone will send you around the world on a wacky MR!
Haha probably! I have heard good things about Bali, but I am concerned that it might be overwhelmingly touristy, is this the case? If not then I will have to go for a few days.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold
I would recommend Cambodia - it's a really short flight from Thailand, and Angkor is amazing, but you'll be there during the rainy season, so it might not be the best time if you don't like hot and humid conditions.

The weather should be decent on the east coast of Thailand, so places like Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao and Angthong National Marine Park would be good choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.