Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dentist in Kuala Lumpur

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Dentist in Kuala Lumpur

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Kuala Lumpur? Medical tourism is huge in Malaysia -- the prices are great, but I'm a little leery of what Google recommends. I'd give a recommendation from Flyer Talk a little more creditability.

I'm looking to have a crown and/or bridge done.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
I've heard these guys are good:
Attached Images  
Tod E Tosser likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:51 pm

Why not check an expat site like Internations? This type of information is probably right up their alley.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Tod E Tosser
Why not check an expat site like Internations? This type of information is probably right up their alley.
What's that?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:46 pm

If you come across a good dentist in KL, would you please post the details here ... or send PM? Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Dental Pro looks like the best option from my research: www.dentalpro.org
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Kuala Lumpur? Medical tourism is huge in Malaysia -- the prices are great, but I'm a little leery of what Google recommends. I'd give a recommendation from Flyer Talk a little more creditability.

There are less chances of a member of Flyer Talk might have visited dentist in Kuala Lumpur. If yes, it is good.

I would like to suggest you to visit below link to select best one as per your requirements.

http://www.whatclinic.com/dentists/m...a/kuala-lumpur
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I just returned from KL. I highly recommend Dentalpro.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I just returned from KL. I highly recommend Dentalpro.
If you have price list of services, could you post here?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:55 pm

Are you based in Malaysia? Have to already booked your tickets? And are you dead set on going there for treatment?
If so, I can't give any advice.

If not, you should consider Thailand and I can highly recommend the Bangkok Dental Hospital.
I have many acquaintances that have been treated there (including myself) and it is extremely professional, but anyone can say that. They have had a wide gamut of work done - implants, fillings, crowns etc. And every one of the people who have been tell me that they have had a good experience of the work.
Why do I rate this place? Well simply it has everything in one location. There are several floors of general treatment rooms, but there are also floors for surgical procedures.
My view is that dentistry, like everything requires a lot of practice. If you see more patients, you should become better at your work. They see many patients so they get lots of practice.
Bear in mind it's a bit of a palavar to get there, as you definitely need to take a taxi and Bangkok is not well known for its easy traffic.
They are moving to a new facility early next year which will be better located.

Anyway, you should email them with what work you want to get done and they will give you a quote and you can then compare it with what you have elsewhere.

Put in perspective, it's cheaper for me to fly from Singapore (another medical tourism hub) to Bangkok, get extractions done, stay for 5 nights at a reasonable hotel, go for massages etc and it would still be cheaper than Singapore.

One final point about Malaysia's medical industry. There is a quota system for local medical schools which promotes lower qualified students from certain groups to get into medical school. Their best students go abroad, and usually stay abroad.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
One final point about Malaysia's medical industry. There is a quota system for local medical schools which promotes lower qualified students from certain groups to get into medical school. Their best students go abroad, and usually stay abroad.
I would like to read about this more. Could you provide sources? How much of these 'lower qualified' students end up in the generic population of doctors? Are most of them end up in KL or they stay at their own regions?

My wife is considering to travel to KL to do some procedures. But if situation is how you describe, it most likely will change her opinion.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm highly recommend Dentalpro in Kuala Lumpur.

Everyone spoke fluent English -- from the receptionist I corresponded with via email to the dentist and his assistant -- and they provided a chauffeur pick-up and drop-off at my hotel. I had two procedures over four appointments for maybe 30% of the cost back home.

I also got sick from street food. The hotel doctor admitted me to Gleneagles, a good hospital in Kuala Lumpur with another location in the medical tourism hub of Penang. The attending physician was board-certified and a professor in his field at the medical school. All the physicians spoke fluent English. I received the services of two physicians, received two prescription medicines, and had a full laboratory analysis of my blood for under $400.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
I would like to read about this more. Could you provide sources? How much of these 'lower qualified' students end up in the generic population of doctors? Are most of them end up in KL or they stay at their own regions?

My wife is considering to travel to KL to do some procedures. But if situation is how you describe, it most likely will change her opinion.
I think it's difficult to get stats on this, because it's clearly not something they are going to publicise.

There are an increasing number of the more well qualified students going back to Malaysia, so you will need to check their qualifications are from reputable institutions abroad.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
While I agree about the quota part, it's worth noting that a lot of them end up staying in the public sector (i.e government-run dental clinics which foreigners don't have easy access to). The less-than-stellar ones don't make it to the private sector, nor do most of them aspire to.

If you're going to the private sector like the OP, then you shouldn't worry too much about that.

Originally Posted by invisible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.