Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Don't know what to do. Can I refund my ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't know what to do. Can I refund my ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:56 am

Americans get a 30-day stay on arrival in Manila or Bangkok. This can be extended, but there are costs and paperwork. For China, but not HK or Taiwan or Macau, you'd need a visa except in transit, and the visa you should get in the US.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by 889
Americans get a 30-day stay on arrival in Manila or Bangkok. This can be extended, but there are costs and paperwork. For China, but not HK or Taiwan or Macau, you'd need a visa except in transit, and the visa you should get in the US.
Unless this is a recent change, you only get 21 days automatically in the Philippines. You can easily extend it, but spending almost a day at the government office would be a waste of time. I used the Business Center at the hotel I was staying at to do this in the past.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:41 am

Now 30 days.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:19 am

Definitely go to Thailand for a while. Malaysia is also with lots to see, do and eat. Vietnam is also a great place to travel though - though you'd need a visa. Hong Kong and Singapore can be nice, but they are a lot more expensive.

I'd say S.E. Asia was, in general, safer than most American cities. You just have to use a lot of common sense.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by abovethewater92
I bought my ticket on Sat. Jun 24, 2017. How can I tell if it's a non-refundable ticket? It's an economy ticket I purchased from Justfly.com.
If you bought the cheapest available ticket, then it is almost 100% guaranteed to be non-refundable.

There is no point posting about this online; you need to contact the agent that sold you the ticket, and talk to them.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by calbear2005
How long ago did you buy your ticket? Is it a non-refundable ticket?
It's $500 for a 10,000 km trip, so a safe bet is not refundable and maybe not even changeable.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
It's $500 for a 10,000 km trip, so a safe bet is not refundable and maybe not even changeable.
Yes, I go on to say that in a post 6 minutes later.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:41 am

Need help. I booked an international flight from the US to the Philippines with justfly.com (airline: china eastern). I'm having second thoughts about going and I no longer want to go - my flight is on July 24, 2017. Anyone know if or how I can get a refund? I spent $500 on an economy round-trip ticket and it's gonna suck if I can't get the money back some how. What are my options here?
Actually, most of airlines have a cancellation policy within 24 hours. And you have said that you bought on Jun 24, 2017. That means the tentative time is over.

Now, you just have only one option to contact customer care and request to get refund.

Actually, an airline should have an option on the website where this information 'x person would like to cancel his flight ticket' is being displayed.

If someone buy this tickets, the seller (already bought ticket) get refund with subtracting the required charges as per the norms of airline.

If one doesn't buy his tickets, the seller (already bought ticket) has to bear.

Hope this happen ASAP.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I'm having second thoughts about going and I no longer want to go
any particular reasons for your second thoughts????

Here's Justfly.com's refund policy. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get a refund.
https://www.justfly.com/help/faq/I-h...ncel-my-flight

I think I'll make the flight out there and just go somewhere else instead. Thailand would be nice. But I've never traveled solo outside the US before. What should I be careful of?
2 months.
2 months is a pretty long time for your first solo trip outside the us....there are tons of neighboring places you could visit besides the philippines....

did you have a particular agenda or plan in place for your 2 month trip????
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by TheMadeTraveler
Now, you just have only one option to contact customer care and request to get refund.
If the ticket is non-refundable, as seems to be the case, request will be denied.

Actually, an airline should have an option on the website where this information 'x person would like to cancel his flight ticket' is being displayed.
OP bought his ticket from an OTA, the airline will not touch it at pax' request.

If someone buy this tickets, the seller (already bought ticket) get refund with subtracting the required charges as per the norms of airline.

If one doesn't buy his tickets, the seller (already bought ticket) has to bear.
I don't even understand these sentences
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Here's Justfly.com's refund policy. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get a refund.
https://www.justfly.com/help/faq/I-h...ncel-my-flight

I think I'll make the flight out there and just go somewhere else instead. Thailand would be nice. But I've never traveled solo outside the US before. What should I be careful of?
Travel on to Thailand! Thailand is very easy for tourists and pretty safe in terms of personal safety. Accommodation is cheap, fantastic beach huts right on the ocean for as little as USD30 a night (even cheaper is you choose to stay in a hut just back from the beach). You can look for a budget carrier to get you from the Philippines to Thailand, just allow plenty of connecting time in Manila (overnight is better) so you don't miss your main ticket home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.