Search

Luxury Bali Villa/Bungalow on the beach- honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
Luxury Bali Villa/Bungalow on the beach- honeymoon

Hey all,

We are planing our honeymoon for end of July-beginning of August for 14 days. Fiji and Bora are on our radar, but Bali seems like a close second. We are looking for a luxury all-inclusive place that is a once in a lifetime experience. I haven't heard of any nice beaches in Bali, so we would love some advice of resorts on beautiful beaches. Somewhere where we can split out time between the bungalow or villa suite and swimming in the open water. Hopefully, also some underwater life and decent snorkeling. Thank you all for advice!
Old May 5, 2016, 5:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I'm assuming budget is loose since you're looking at Fiji and Bora Bora. There are many beautiful resorts in Bali. Many places around Bali (just not in the central coastal region) have nice marine life, but a lot of those corals you'll see may be dead unless you go further out). Most hotels on/near a beach can arrange water activities, whether it be offered by the hotel or through a third-party provider.

I'm against Aman because it's overpriced garbage but there are many FS properties to choose from. Also if you go see the sunset or overnight at Uluwatu (which I recommend you do), Alila Villas Uluwatu is a beautiful property.
Old May 5, 2016, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. The budget is around 8-10k for the lodging. We want something once in a life-time type of thing. Anything specific you recommend in Bali? We are looking for Bali because things in Fiji/Bora-Bora seem to be getting steep for our price range. I was just concerned that Bali doesn't have the warm, nice water feel of the Caribbean. Hope I am wrong.
Old May 5, 2016, 8:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Bali water is consistently nice all year round. I'd be more concerned with your budget though. I am biased towards FS, but FS Jimbayan Bay (the only beach FS in Bali) might be poking that budget envelope a little bit, depending on your dates. However, there are MANY beach-front hotels/resorts from big chains like Conrad, St. Regis, FS, to small chains like Banyan Tree, GMH, to independent villa-hotels. Most of these popular resorts are located in central/southern Bali, and as with anything popular, expect a lot of tourists.

As someone who doesn't care about beaches, when I went, I spent quite a bit of time in Ubud (cultural center, hanging gardens, rice terraces, special coffee). But I also spent a bit of time in Candidasa. Candidasa has cliffs and rocky beaches, but just a short drive up (3 mi or so) is a beautiful white sand beach, Pasir Putih. Candidasa (Eastern bali) is not as touristy or intense as central/south, and therefore has less people and is much cheaper, so you'll get much more value for your money. Of course, that also means less luxury properties to choose from.

Perhaps someone else can chime in about western and northern Bali.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Sorry for being a newb, but what is FS? Do you think these beach-front hotels will have good snorkeling/warm clear water? Any specific place you would recommend that has that?

Thanks!
Old May 5, 2016, 11:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

FS = Four Seasons.

For snorkeling definite East coast. Basically anywhere East/Northeast. Candidasa is a good home base and a good snorkeling area (if you get dropped off by a boat, since the beaches are rocky). Amed/Tulamben area has a US and a Japanese shipwreck that divers love. Pasir Putih has nice beaches and is good for snorkeling.

If you're looking for a hotel that you can step out of and into your scuba gear, that I don't know. Good (live) marine life at farther away from the shore anyway. Almost all hotels can arrange a private boat to take you out to the ocean to snorkel/dive.
Old May 9, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Well, most people do not go for beaches in Bali, they go for cultural experience (Ubud), trekking/climbing/rafting/activities (Mt Batur/Argung sunrise/sunset hike) to see temples (all around the island), diving (Gili) and many more.

Better to be said in advance but if you expect something like Bora-Bora type in Bali, you should go to Bora-Bora. However if lying on beach is not #1 requirement, you can find enough luxury in Bali. For Seasons would be one option, but expect to pay $1k/night.

One thing about Bali - please make sure that your travel insurance covers travel disruption due to volcano eruption. Absolutely no joke - when we've been there last year whole week flights were canceled due to this and we've been quite lucky able to arrive and leave on time.

P.S. In terms of unique honeymoon experience - I dragged my newly wife the second day after ceremony in Vegas hiking Arches at 115F heat and go in remote places of Canyonlands. Memories are still vivid and I do not think we ever going to forget that 'unique' experience.
Old May 9, 2016, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TravelDoorsOut
Hey all,

We are planing our honeymoon for end of July-beginning of August for 14 days. Fiji and Bora are on our radar, but Bali seems like a close second. We are looking for a luxury all-inclusive place that is a once in a lifetime experience. I haven't heard of any nice beaches in Bali, so we would love some advice of resorts on beautiful beaches. Somewhere where we can split out time between the bungalow or villa suite and swimming in the open water. Hopefully, also some underwater life and decent snorkeling. Thank you all for advice!
As a general rule (there are a couple exceptions in Australia) an all-inclusive property will not be luxury.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.