5 days in KUL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 days in KUL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1 k ;Hertz Gold; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Priority Club Gold; BMI Silver
5 days in KUL

I will be in Kuala Lumpur for 5 days. What are some interesting things to do? I would also appreciate any advise about transportation, food, etc.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Am sure there are a lot of resources for looking things up, but from personal experience I'd suggest staying as close to the Bukit Bintang intersection as possible (Jln. Sultan Ismail and Jln. Bukit Bintang). The Menara and Petronas Towers/Suria KLCC are musts, the national museum is worth a look and the Batu Caves are likely worth it (I saw during Thaipusam, when you really should go see it). Nightlife around Bukit Bintang is about as lively as it gets, there's Jln. Alor (the food street) and, in Chinatown, Jln. Petaling (rivals Patpong for the fake watches, plus other stuff). Daytrips include Genting Highlands and Melaka, or maybe one of those firefly trips (I did mine out of Cherating). They can also give tons of suggestions at the tourism office.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:24 pm
tt7

In addition to the Petronas Towers and the Batu Caves, we enjoyed the tour of the Royal Selangor factory.

http://www.royalselangor.com/visitor-centre
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
A food tour if you are a foodie, KL has some great food.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:28 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gpeso8
A food tour if you are a foodie, KL has some great food.
^

second the Batu Caves
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1 k ;Hertz Gold; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Priority Club Gold; BMI Silver
batu cave

Yes the batu cave was interesting, but no one mentioned the 1k steps LOL
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
I will be there for 3 days in late March, staying at the Renaissance (Jalan Sultan Ismail + Jalan Ampang). If I understand correctly, that's convenient to the Kelana Jaya LRT (for City Centre) and the monorail (for Bukit Bintang), as well as walking distance to the Petronas Towers?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:15 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
When I went to KL, in addition to what others mentioned, I took a cooking class which was great fun. I also took a day trip to Malacca.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Definately have to go to Jln Alor for dinner one night. Great food and inexpensive.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Renaissance

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I will be there for 3 days in late March, staying at the Renaissance (Jalan Sultan Ismail + Jalan Ampang). If I understand correctly, that's convenient to the Kelana Jaya LRT (for City Centre) and the monorail (for Bukit Bintang), as well as walking distance to the Petronas Towers?
I just stayed there. It was very nice and very convenient. I hope you are a gold or above to get the executive floor.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jimster
I just stayed there. It was very nice and very convenient. I hope you are a gold or above to get the executive floor.
Thanks. No, no status; not sure I'll even make it to Silver by year's end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.