Bali intercon or Conrad Bali??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier PLT, Hilton Honors, Diamond, Priority Club - Platinum, SPG Platinum

Hello I'm traveling for the first time to Bali with my family. I have girls 6,11,13. I was wondering if anyone can make a recommendation as to which hotel is better for a family? I'm Ambassador with IHG and Diamond with Hilton. I've read the reviews not sure which one to book? Looking for some first hand experiences please. Going Nov 22- Dec 1, 2015.

Thx

Timelord
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Timelord
Hello I'm traveling for the first time to Bali with my family. I have girls 6,11,13. I was wondering if anyone can make a recommendation as to which hotel is better for a family? I'm Ambassador with IHG and Diamond with Hilton. I've read the reviews not sure which one to book? Looking for some first hand experiences please. Going Nov 22- Dec 1, 2015.

Thx

Timelord
I have stayed in both hotels, the Bali IC most recently in August.

Of the two - with a family I would choose the Bali IC every time. If you are an Ambassador all the more so.

The Conrad is a lovely hotel but the beach is poor in comparison and the noise from jet skis was at times irritating but I am particular sensitive to noise on holiday. I stayed there about 7 years ago.

I have been to the IC 3 times and it just gets better. I wrote a rather critical trip report on tripadvisor about the hotel a few years ago but the visit in August was simply sublime. The hotel did not put a foot wrong in 11 nights.

From the meet and greet at the airport ( including fresh flowers leis) to the final departure I don't think i was able to be critical about any of it.

I had a club duplex which for a family is very good as parents can sleep upstairs with the kids downstairs. Breakfast for all 4 is included as are drinks and cocktails in the evening at either the club pool or down by the beach for a fabulous sunset. The club lounge is also where you get afternoon tea but it is quite stuffy an formal which is lovely occasionally but not daily and we often ate breakfast elsewhere and skipped afternoon tea. In the evening it is an adults only sanctuary which was what I complained about before. Since then they have extended club benefits to other areas of the resort and so I no longer felt I was being discriminated against because I had kids.

The beach at Jimbaran is fabulous. There are two large pools a numerous small ones.Kids are banned from the club pool and in August this was rigorously enforced........but very very nicely.

One major benefit I noted this time is that baby sitting is free for ambassadors. I don't need this now but this would have saved me a fortune in the past. The kids club is for the very young ones but is safe secure and friendly.

There is a fabulous Japanese restaurant and an Italian which is beautiful but we never ate there.

Outside there is a great place to eat for little money about 200 years to the left of the hotel. To the right it appears there is nothing but walk along the road and there are several eateries.

The IC however is the sort of resort you never have to leave (or want to).

If you need more info then please PM but I don't log in daily.

You may have guessed I love the place........one word of caution I have only ever been in Bali in August when the skies are blue and cloudless. November can be wet at times but again the IC would probably be a better option in such conditions as the grounds and site are larger than the Conrad.

Enjoy your trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.