Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SGN overnight layover

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 5khours
.... On the other hand, you will work up a bit of sweat even at that time of the evening. If it were I, I'd walk in to town, and then get a massage/shower at the hotel and take a cab back to the airport.
Now why didnt I think of that
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by 5khours
If it were I, I'd walk in to town, and then get a massage/shower at the hotel and take a cab back to the airport.
that sounds even better. thanks again all!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:11 pm

with or without bags won't affect how fast you get out of the airport. it's all about the line for the VOA. Usually 30 min or so is normal. your bags will be sitting on the ground near the carousel, or possibly still on it. i think you might make it to the hotel earlier than some of the first comments. again just depends on the line and other arrivals.

bui vien is ok i guess, if you like that scene. i don't. but there is a very good pho place called pho quynh over on pham ngu lao street, one over from bui vien. open late.

also the post office has not impressed me (although i'm not an architecture guy). the opera house and the city hall are much better, with the recently bricked (cobblestone looking) street. the old church and the palace have some history though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.