Asian SIM Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asian SIM Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Platinum / Marriott - Platinum Premier / Starwood - Platinum Preferred
Asian SIM Card

Typically when I travel international, I'm not going to many different countries and I'm able to pick up a local SIM card in that specific country. However my upcoming trip to Asia is for 3 weeks and I will be going to many different countries and imagine finding local SIMs will be time consuming. Is there anything that works in many different countries? Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by airj1012
Typically when I travel international, I'm not going to many different countries and I'm able to pick up a local SIM card in that specific country. However my upcoming trip to Asia is for 3 weeks and I will be going to many different countries and imagine finding local SIMs will be time consuming. Is there anything that works in many different countries? Thanks.
I mean they do sell those cards that you can use in many countries ... but I went to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and was able to find a sim card within a few minutes in each country by just asking around. In Vietnam for USD 5 I got a card which lasted me more than a week (it came with 200 MB of data). Any "one card" is probably not coming with a local number in each country.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:42 am

Unfortunately there is no cost effective prepaid SIM card that will work in all asian countries. Some might work but the international roaming fees will be high. Most SE Asian countries have sim card kiosks at the airport, Bkk, Cambodia, Vietnam, HK, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore so shouldn't be a hassle other than swapping out cards...
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: most of them
if you do the research ahead of time it needn't be too time-consuming once you are on the ground. Some countries are really cheap and others can be rather expensive when it comes to prepaid SIMs.

You may be able to get by on wifi alone depending on your circumstances and where you are going.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:39 pm

Where in Asia? A few operators in HK now offer sim cards that cover a few Asian countries.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by theworld
Where in Asia? A few operators in HK now offer sim cards that cover a few Asian countries.
which operator? 3? interested to know
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
which operator? 3? interested to know
http://www.three.com.hk/website/appm...54001&lang=eng

http://www.hkcsl.com/en/APAC-Roaming-Prepaid-SIM-Card/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.