Best product MSY to Colombo, Sri Lanka?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Lifetime Gold;SPG Gold (occasional platinum);SW;etc.

Husband has been asked to make a four day trip from New Orleans to Colombo, Sri Lanka at the end of the month for a client. He is looking for the most comfortable first class product there and back-cost is not an issue. Having never flown this route, we are stumped but I know some of you have an opinion. Your advice and suggestions are appreciated.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:47 pm

How about Emirates out of Dallas or Houston. Dallas prices are (or were last time I looked) very inexpensive for the premium cabins. The A380 product is quite nice. The bar is a real plus for the ultra-long flight. Emirates also offers a nice STPC program if your layer over is long.
Plus you get the Emirates lounge at Dubai and Colombo. I was just at Colombo lounge, The showers were just OK but the food and liquor were top notch.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
MSY-DFW-DXB-CMB is about 600 miles shorter than MSY-ORD-HKG-CMB. As well CX has no first class on their HKG-CMB flights.

I suppose it would depend on your preferences for routing. Another consideration might be the OneWorld round the world fares in A class. Though with a four-day trip that would require some creative planning to utilize the full benefits of that ticket. See the flyertalk one world area for more discussions.

In any case, consider a few extra days in Sri Lanka to enjoy the beaches and/or the hill country.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
As ukdave0 has posted, Emirates would be the best & from the looks of it, they're the only ones with a First class product right thru. Would require one leg on a regional though to get to either Dallas, New York or Chicago to get onto the EK flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.