two centre holiday - Maldives and?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.

I am planning my March'16 Asia trip which coincides with our 20th wedding anniversary. The "Celebration" part is booked in Maldives (Conrad Rangali Island) for 5 nights.
On the one hand I don't necessarily want to stay longer in Maldives due to substantial cost involved. On another hand as we traveled there anyway I would like to combine it with one more easily reachable location. So far my observations were that it is only relatively easy to get from Maldives to Sri Lanka - am I missing anything? is there any other place close to Maldives which I can visit (for say 5 days)?
AX
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:53 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Sri Lanka is a wonderful country, so definitely worth looking into.

Cochin in Kerala is also accessible (I believe Spicejet fly the route), and that's another rather special part of the world.

You can also get into Tamil Nadu quite easily. Although Chennai itself isn't a tourist destination (and has a pretty awful airport), you can quite easily get down to Pondicherry, across to the Andamans, and into the wilds of a very underrated state.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Kerala on the south west coast of India would also be a good option. March would be a good time to visit Kerala weather wise as well. "Maldivian" also fly to Kerala as well and so flights also shouldn't be a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.