Search

Plane-spotting at Taipei airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
Plane-spotting at Taipei airport

Hi all,
I'm stuck at Taipei airport for 5hrs and 10 minutes this upcoming Saturday and I'm curious to know, are there any parts of the airport that are particularly good for place spotting?
The weather is looking poor so I'm probably going to skip a trip in to see Taipei 101, and instead hand around the J lounge and possibly do some plane spotting.

Any suggestions of which parts of the airport, inside of out, would get me (and my camera) the best view.

Many thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
I'm assuming you're speaking of TPE. Purely from memory and I could be wrong, but there is nothing inside the airport that offers spectacular view of the runway. Most gates have large windows that'll give you good view of parked planes. Flying out of TPE on Saturday as well.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: Free agent!
On the other hand, spotting at TSA is really, really fantastic. A five hour layover makes it possible but you don't end up with a ton of time at TSA.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
Yep TPE.
Ah well, my first flight has been delayed so I'll have 2hrs less to full-in there. It's just a pity that CX's lounge at Fukuoka is quite poor...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.