Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Where do I apply to work in any country in Southeast Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:00 am
Original Poster

I came from Australia and I want to work abroad. Where do I apply to work in any country in Southeast Asia, maybe like in Jakarta Indonesia or KL Malaysia?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by jarrod85white
I came from Australia and I want to work abroad. Where do I apply to work in any country in Southeast Asia, maybe like in Jakarta Indonesia or KL Malaysia?
Questions like yours inevitably attract smart-arse responses. <sigh>

The traditional way to easy access employment overseas is through language schools. There are top estabishments that recruit only fully qualified and well trained teachers; but you can find others ready to employ, and possibly train, any presentable person with English as mother-toungue.

Taking a course in teaching English as a foreign language could give you a head start.

By coincidence there's a current thread on English teaching in Jakarta:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...ny-advice.html

Last edited by IAN-UK; Apr 9, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by jarrod85white
I came from Australia and I want to work abroad.
So what are your qualifications? How many years of experience do you have in your field? What makes your experience so unique that people in other countries would be willing to go thru considerable bureaucratic and legal obstacles to employ you instead of locals?

Have you tried to answer those questions?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:21 am

I am an expat here in Jakarta Indonesia. I applied online. There are numerous job sites out there like jobstreet, craiglist, oil and gas search and many more. Best of luck!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Since the topic of this thread is not really travel-related, I'm going to go ahead and close it for the timebeing. If the original poster returns with more details to share, s/he may send a PM to a moderator for reconsideration.

Thanks all!

~Moderator

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Apr 11, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.