Wiki Posts
Search

Backpacking Asia advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
My local GP practice has no appointments available in the near future for vaccinations, so I am going to have to go private. Seeing as jabs will likely cost me around £30 each, which vaccinations would you recommend for the itiniery above?

I am thinking Hep A, Typhoid, Diptheria, with Malarone for Cambodia. Possibly Hep B and Tetanus, too.

All of these are ok 2-4 weeks before departure according to the info I have, so I still have time.

But normally there is little risk in city and urban areas, especially with my kind of travel (never eat 'local' food, never stay out after dusk etc).
Fretting about vaccines, local fauna, local food; then staying in your hotel after dark - it's a novel approach to back-packing!

I hope you'll meet some fellow-travellers who help you relax into your destinations. Local food in Cambodia doesn't have to be pong tia koon.

BTW you might think of splitting your Cambodia time between SR and Phnom Penh. There's an easy bus ride between them.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
A380, your posts always blow my mind.
^

You need to look at your previous vaccinations to determine what vaccinations you may want to get now. If you're our of date, you may want to go for a tetanus shot.

I hope you at least enjoy the local drinks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.