Reload this Page >

Bali driver / car service recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali driver / car service recommendations

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Based on the strong recommendation of flyertalkers in this thread and others, I've booked with Wayan two full-day tours and one half-day tour for my upcoming holiday in Bali. The half-day will be exploring the various villages around Ubud where painters work, and the full days will be on his Volcano Tour and his Bedugul Central Mountain Tour described on www.hiddenbali.com. Mr. Megatop and I are very much looking forward to it. I'll try to report back upon our return.

BTW: His prices have gone up somewhat from those listed on his website, pushed upward mostly by the rising cost of gas. Even in paradise, market forces prevail.
Old May 17, 2006, 2:17 am

We have just used Wayan's services early May in Bali and enjoyed every minute of these visits.

The guy is great, has a good sense of humor, and he made us travel through the heart of Bali on small scenic bumpy roads, seeing mostly Balinese people in their everyday life, and practically no tourists !
Old May 23, 2006, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by impgmish
Hi,
I was in Bali in April. (I am from Stuttgart, Germany).
Initially, I decided to follow some advices from Forums, and just took a taxi for 2 days. It was a mistake: the driver spoke poor English, and was not very heplful. I had to re-negotiate a lot of things on the way (like to time of return, "It's late", etc. etc).
Later, I called Mr. Dewa Marco. He is an excellent driver, a pleasant and well-educated man, his English is excellent. He is very reliable (when we agreed to meet at 8:30, he was there at 8:29 - quite rare reliability outside Germany). I enjoyed our conversations (as said, he is rather well-educated). He invited me to visit his home village for some festival. He recommended me a lot of excellent restaurants, helped me to make pictures, helped to book a trip to Mount Batung, etc. I paid him 250,000/day, and do believe that it was worth more.
I can sincerely recommend this man.

Leon, Stuttgart, Germany
hello
this is dewa, thanks for nice comment at this forum about DEWA as your driver during your tour in bali, and also thanks a lot for using my service hopely all of you are happy.
and for others who need asisstance dont be astitate to drop me email or sms or call on : [email protected] at : + 62 8123918718
www.balidriver.cjb.net
see U again in bali guys
best regards
dewa
Old Jun 10, 2006, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Dewa - Bali Driver

Returned from Bali a few weeks ago and used Dewa for my local travels. He was prompt, very personable and able to accommodate a great deal of my schedule. I visit Bali to export products and his knowledge of the area was valuable in expanding my shopping options. Excellent pricing and flexible with itineraries and needs. Definately drop him a line and compare.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 7:58 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Forgot to post my update. Mr. Megatop and I spent two and a half days with Wayan in late May. The first day, the half, we spent just cruising around some of the artisans' workshops around Ubud and--because they monkeys are so irresistable--walking the monkey forest. For the other two days, we had selected the Volcano Tour and Bedugul Mountain Tour as the basic framework for what we wanted to see. He wasn't wedded to those itineraries and he adjusted them based on things we wanted to see more of and things we'd already seen. He had sarongs for us, which were very useful in getting rid of the touts who push them nearby significant temples. He let us take things at our own speed and was attentive enough to know when one of us was tired or thirsty or eager to see something in particular. We definitely saw "hidden" Bali, as his website promises. Except when we were tired and desperate to just get back to our resort, he stayed off the main roads in favor of back roads that allowed us to see off-the-beaten-track villages and sites. He also served as translator and coordinator for us when we happened upon "Garuda Village" and decided to buy and bring home a couple of large woodcarvings of garudas. Above all, he was honest about things and didn't take us from one shop to another where he had a kickback coming, like so many drivers seem to do. Bottom line: I would definitely recommend Wayan. He reported having decent advance bookings going into high season, so if you're considering it, think about booking well in advance.

I haven't had the pleasure of touring with Dewa. Since he lives near Nusa Dua and Wayan lives around Ubud, I let the location of our starting point, The Chedi near Ubud, be the determining factor. If staying in Jimbaran next time, I would certainly contact Dewa.

Last edited by MegatopLover; Jun 11, 2006 at 8:05 am
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thumbs up In Ubud, Wayan Sueta's your man

We were in Bali May 2006 and had Wayan Sueta drive us (on SanDiego1K's recommendation.) He picked us up and dropped us at our initial base, the Conrad on Tanjung Benoa (south Bali, about 20 minutes from the airport, as we were going on a longer dive trip to the Tukang Besi Archipoelago,) and drove us on tours out of Ubud as well, for five days.

Wayan is personable, knowledgeable and happy to share his knowledge, punctual, reliable, has a car in top mechanical condition and is eager to please. He will take you shopping if you wish, and bases his choices on quality and not kickbacks. We saw some of off-the-beaten-path Bali, a number of processions and events, rural Balinese life and much more. I highly recommend Wayan. :-:

Wayan Sueta
Owner, Driver, Guide
Explore the Real Bali
Br. Kedewatan 70
P.O.Box 39
Ubud, Bali 80571 - Indonesia
www.hiddenbali.com
e-mail:[email protected]
+62 (081) 239-29762
Old Aug 3, 2006, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA silver
I can recommend Wayan Kamar
http://www.travelforum.org/bali/transport.html
He made our holiday. If you particularly want to buy arts and crafts he can direct you to the right places - but he never pushes anything and listens to what you want.He is actually quite an artist himself. We let him plan one of the days and he took us to several sites and was a great guide. I came away feeling I knew so much about the Balinese people. He told you about the daily life on the island, the beliefs, religions. He charged us £17 for the complete day. We gave him twice that and I still felt we had cheated him.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:35 pm

Bali Driver

A third time with Dewa Marco this past week.

I generally travel to Bali for commercial purposes and Dewa has been excellent in knowledge and direction.

He has been very helpful in recommending breaks, tours, last minute accommodations and dining spots.

I have stayed in Sanur, Nusa Dua and Ubud. He has always accommodated my schedule and location.

Highly recommend.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:04 pm

Excellent Bali Driver

Hi Everone,

As you can tell from my growing number of posts in this forum, I travel to Bali extensively. Just came back from my 10th visit in the last 2 years and will be back in 8 days (hopefully).

I have used three different well known and respected drivers in Bali; but, for the last 7 journeys I have exclusively used Dewa Marco. He has been an essential element in my success, enjoyment and experience of Bali.

VERY knowledgable, accommodating and excellent in communication, planning and promptness. For business or pleasure, Dewa will be a huge asset in making your journey a success.

Here is his blog and contact information:
http://www.dewamarco-tour.blogspot.com/

If you need any further information about Bali or Dewa, please feel free to PM me direct.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just used Dewa Marco for five day trips in Bali and he was a very pleasant driver. He was unable to accompany me into some of the temples to help me fend off monkeys and touts because he had a child recently and is therefore considered "unclean" for the next few days. He taught me some very important Indonesian phrases such as "Saya Tidak Mau" -- "I don't want it." I am currently at the Premier lounge at DPS awaiting my SQ flight to SIN and the customs officer broke out in laughter when he saw the phrase pinned to the front of my shirt. When anyone in Bali asks where I am from, Dewa suggested that I say "Bangli," which is the local mental insitution.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:10 am

Thanks a lot for your trust to me as your Driver and tour Guide
regards
Dewamarco-bali
Old May 9, 2008, 12:17 am

Programs: united ff, aa advantage, delta
Bali villa or guest house recs for family in late June

Can those of you who are Bali veterans give some tips to a newbie? We are going to be in Bali for 2 weeks with our 11 year old and 22 year old. Looking for great villas or guest houses at reasonable prices - probably Ubud area most of the time and maybe beach a few days?? Not interested in nightlife or toursity places - more interested in local culture. thanks

Originally Posted by mjcasta
Hi Everone,

As you can tell from my growing number of posts in this forum, I travel to Bali extensively. Just came back from my 10th visit in the last 2 years and will be back in 8 days (hopefully).

I have used three different well known and respected drivers in Bali; but, for the last 7 journeys I have exclusively used Dewa Marco. He has been an essential element in my success, enjoyment and experience of Bali.

VERY knowledgable, accommodating and excellent in communication, planning and promptness. For business or pleasure, Dewa will be a huge asset in making your journey a success.

Here is his blog and contact information:
http://www.dewamarco-tour.blogspot.com/

If you need any further information about Bali or Dewa, please feel free to PM me direct.
Old May 10, 2008, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Dewamarco location on Bali and charge?

Mjcasta - thanks for the recommendation! Where on Bali is Dewamarco based; what does he usually charge per day?

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2008, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ackberg, budget?
Old May 15, 2008, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
Mjcasta - thanks for the recommendation! Where on Bali is Dewamarco based; what does he usually charge per day?

Thanks!
He is based in the Kuta vicinity. For prices, your best bet would be to contact him directly:

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.