Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maldives & Sri Lanka for Honeymoon?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Maldives & Sri Lanka for Honeymoon?

Does anyone have thoughts on Maldives & Sri Lanka as a honeymoon destination? I know Maldives is a favorite honeymoon spot, but I think my fiancee would get bored hanging out on the beach for two weeks. We are toying with ideas to pair beach destinations with something a little more interesting. I really don't know much about the travel situation in Sri Lanka right now, so I was wondering if anyone had any insight. Is SL a fun, interesting, and reasonably safe place for me to bring my fiancee?

To give you an idea of other options, we are considering Madagascar + Seychelles, Madagascar + Mauritius, and Tanzania + Zanzibar.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by sk8uno; Jul 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Sri Lanka is a worthwhile destination to visit. The country has historic, cultural and natural sights. The Maldives have the best beaches I've seen anywhere. Flights between CMB and MLE are only an hour and aren't expensive. Just be careful with flight schedules, many flights between the two cities operate in the dead of night.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! I'll put some more research in, then!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Sri Lanka is safe and would be a good bet. It's a got a mix of Beaches and hill country and so you could essentially do a bit of both. And as someone else had posted, it's a quick flight across to MLE, should you want to cover MLE as well having been in the region.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 4:08 am

Well both places are wonderful Sri lanka is most famous for Historic places , Islands...& maldives is famous for the beaches .there is not much difference between these two cities..if you are still confused with these options then better option for you is Mauritius this is a great place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.