Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Going on 15-day trip - starting HK, returning BK - need help with Itinerary!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Going on 15-day trip - starting HK, returning BK - need help with Itinerary!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Going on 15-day trip - starting HK, returning BK - need help with Itinerary!

Wife and I, are visiting Far East for the second time; first, we had gone to Beijing, Cambodia, Phukhet and Bangkok. This one we are starting in Hong Kong and leaving from Bangkok with a day-trip in Seoul. Some questions:

i) Where to go (we are looking at few options like primarily cebu/palawan, bali and hanoi..and secondary are singapore and, more developed places)..Any suggestions would help?

ii) What low cost or reasonable airlines to use?

iii) We are looking to hit two or three places in-between, if you can come up with two or three in what order would you fly and where first?

iv) One of the most important things is to see lots of things at every spot (usually we start in the mornings at 6-7am and finish around 10-11pm). Yet, I would like one place...where maybe its more resorty? relaxing? ...for a day or so.

v) Any input would be helpful and MOST IMPORTANTLY...what airlines would you use to get around? Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
It would be worth going to a couple of destinations in Vietnam. There is plenty to see in Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An, and HCMC. For relaxation, you could stop in Nha Trang which has both beach and mud baths or go to Dalat (an old hill station with the best coffee houses). Vietnam Airlines has reasonable service. I believe Bangkok Airways could get you to, from Bangkok.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: most of them
without knowing what kinds of things you are interested in doing it's pretty hard to answer questions like this.

Not sure I exactly understand the Seoul day trip. Does that mean you are connecting there on one of your flights and are planning to spend the day between your flights in the city?

It's a big area. 15 days is really not much time.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 2:29 pm

Regarding flights......honestly I use Wikipedia as my go to. I go to the wiki page of the arrival or departure airport and see what airlines run between the two cities. Of course, that will only show you direct flights, but that is what I am interested in. I would rather spend a little more money on a direct flight than taking a connecting flight to some other country. That being said, finding a direct flight is generally pretty easy.

Bangkok has two airports. There are MANY flights between HKG and BKK. There is one flight on Air Asia between HKG and DMK. Don't be afraid to try some more "exotic" airlines. Bangkok and Hong Kong offer many different airlines and thus some healthy fare competition is possible.

More info about your Seoul day trip is definitely needed though.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
I agree, not enough time to see much at all. I would certainly avoid Vietnam for a first timer - Vietnam is just more difficult and complex, and a short few days is next to crazy (a great place if you have at least 3 wks). Luang Prabang, Laos could be your relaxation venue - awesome and very relaxing/laid back (Lao Airlines or Bangkok Air from BKK).

Siem Reap/Angkor Wat is another good place for a few days (Lao Airlines/Vietnam Airlines from Luang Prabang or Bangkok Air from BKK).

I would strongly suggest that 1 crummy day in Seoul is simply not enough - one of the world's largest cities certainly deserves more time. Suggest you run the videos over on Kimchi Chronicles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.