Search

Suggestions: Best Beachfront Hotel Destination in Asia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, LTG
Suggestions: Best Beachfront Hotel Destination in Asia

Hi All,
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I am looking for advice for the best beach hotel in Asia to take my family that has beach frontage. The details:
* travelling sometime June - August
* family includes a 1.5 yr old and a 3.5 yr old
* looking for a hotel that is actually on the beach (e.g. no road to cross); with the little munchkins this will be important
* flying from Melbourne, and as we have the little ones, travel needs to be relatively seamless
* maybe 10 day holiday all up, including travel time
* looking for four star accomodation

Any good ideas out there?

For reference and comparison purposes, I have been to:
* Bali (Seminyak), although did not stay at a beachfront property
* Thailand (Phuket, Koh Samui, Krabi, Ao Nang plus others that are out of the question due to travel requirements)
* Vietnam (Nha Trang)
* Malaysia (Pattaya)
* Fiji (Nadi)

At the moment, I am leaning towards Koh Samui even though it will mean an internal flight; the direct access to the beach, and the fact that the beach is protected and calm will make it good for my young girls.

Thanks for your consideration!

Cheers,
TIH
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:24 pm

Beach Resorts

There are many in Phuket and Koh Samui ---but I prefer Discovery Shores Hotel at Boracay in the Philippines---great spot for kids and lots to do.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
May want to consider the Andaman hotel on Datai Bay, Langkawi. Gorgeous location, no roads, seemed to be lots of kids, and calm water.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Langkawi and Con Dao get my vote. The Six Sense Con Dao is pricey, but unlike anything I've ever experienced before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.