Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving SGN at 5:50am on UA---Lodging Options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, SPG plat
Leaving SGN at 5:50am on UA---Lodging Options

We are scheduled on UA leaving HCM at 5:50am. Does it mean we need to be at the airport at 3am?? Wondering if there are lodging options at the airport? How far is downtown from the airport? Or stay up all night in hopes of sleeping on the flight back to the states....

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: A shadow of my former self
At that hour, it takes only a few minutes to get to the airport from downtown. We left the Sheraton Saigon at 4:15 and were in the ghastly green lounge well before boarding.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 1:40 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Agree with the above poster. I have done this flight numerous times. No need to get to the airport more than 90 minutes before flight time. No traffic at that hour.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: Qatar Gold
Dont Sleep!

a few of us just went out late for dinner and few beers and didnt bother going to bed! depends on ur budget, but I hate paying a lot for decent hotel, only to get up at 3am and go to airport.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by Lounge Expert
a few of us just went out late for dinner and few beers and didnt bother going to bed! depends on ur budget, but I hate paying a lot for decent hotel, only to get up at 3am and go to airport.
Great suggestion. I too never really sleep on my last night in Saigon and really love wandering around.

Only problem is, I hate turning up at an airport hot and sweaty, so always keep the room. But then I don't stay in posh hotels in Saigon (or anywhere, these days)..
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:27 am

Agree with Jimbo. Always nice to have a shower instead of showing up hot and sweaty for your 20+ hours of travel. You shouldn't have any trouble sleeping on the way home.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SaigonCyclo
Agree with Jimbo. Always nice to have a shower instead of showing up hot and sweaty for your 20+ hours of travel. You shouldn't have any trouble sleeping on the way home.
If nothing else OP will get a shower in HKG.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
If you'd like to be a little closer to Tan San Nhat Airport and be in an excellent hotel too, I suggest the Ma Maison Boutique Hotel. I stayed there last year and was blown away by the service - really more like a B&B with wonderful food and even better service.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the typical travel time around 4h30 a.m.? A "few" minutes like.......5, 10, 20..... ?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by cesco.g
What's the typical travel time around 4h30 a.m.? A "few" minutes like.......5, 10, 20..... ?
You're probably looking at 10-15 minutes from Dist 1 riverside.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You're probably looking at 10-15 minutes from Dist 1 riverside.
I have done it in 8 from Sheraton at this time, but would recommend leaving 15 at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.