Wiki Posts
Search

MNL->MPH, Which is better airline?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jet Airways, Kingfisher
MNL->MPH, Which is better airline?

Hi I am planning to travel from MNL to MPH..which is a better airline - PR or 5J? Also, do only ATRs fly to MPH? Baggage rules allow for only 10kgs...so i guess I will have to pay for standard 20kg bag?

Suggestions invited!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:13 pm
cja

Programs: UA Prem Exec, DL Gold Medallion
It's only an hour long flight so either airline is fine. The most important thing to consider is which airline will offer a flight time that will allow you to get there as early as possible, and to leave Boracay as late as possible, to maximize one's stay on the island. Air Philippines' includes free check-in luggage of 10kg, while Cebu Pacific charges for this. You can also consider booking one way flights from each airline, depending on which one will offer the best overall deal for you that fits the travel time that you want.

Remember to leave your contact information with the airline that you are flying out of MPH in the event that there are changes to your flight times. I have known this to happen, and it will be a good idea to leave your contact# in your records, and also to check the website the night before, or even on the day of departure just in case of last minutes changes. Believe me, this can happen, and there have been occasions when the flight has to leave early or of course, the dreaded flight delays. Sometimes the airlines' messaging services will not work, so it is best to check the airline's website for a flight update. It is a small airport with a short landing strip so the airplanes used are either an ATR or a Bombardier from MNL.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Personally I prefer flying Airphil Express/Philippine Airlines. Cost wise they are pretty much the same, although I haven't flown the ATR yet, I find Airphil Express' Bombardier quite comfortable.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:26 am

Programs: A3 *G, fmr DL PM
Like the other guy said, the flight time is so short and the choices are so limited, that you might as well just go by schedule. If you want options, fly out of Kalibo, but the long bus ride negates that.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jet Airways, Kingfisher
Thanks for the replies. Booked CEB cos of the more convenient flight times. AirPhil options were limited

Can you guys also confirm if it is possible to purchase baggage allowance upto 20kgs on CEB? On their website I only got an option to purchase baggage upto 10kgs. Do I have to purchase this at the time of check-in? Also, what will be the per kg charges?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by cja
Remember to leave your contact information with the airline that you are flying out of MPH in the event that there are changes to your flight times. I have known this to happen, and it will be a good idea to leave your contact# in your records, and also to check the website the night before, or even on the day of departure just in case of last minutes changes. Believe me, this can happen, and there have been occasions when the flight has to leave early or of course, the dreaded flight delays. Sometimes the airlines' messaging services will not work, so it is best to check the airline's website for a flight update. It is a small airport with a short landing strip so the airplanes used are either an ATR or a Bombardier from MNL.
+1 and for OP: don't expect them to notify you in any way. Better let hotel reception etc to call and confirm that there isn't any delays. I can say this because i learned the hard way @:-)
Old Jan 1, 2012, 1:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
OP, becareful with Cebu(5J) as they always seem to have delays. Also, when flying out of MPH if you are taking a late flight and there is a delay, they will not fly out after 5PM and will cancel on you, something to do with night time radar or some BS. There is a chance you can get lucky and be bused to kalibu and flown out of there back to MNL, that takes 90 minutes to transfer airports.

Good luck! Air Phil has more aircraft on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.