Mobile service in Argentina using eSIM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)

My phone (iPhone 15 Pro Max) doesn't have SIM slots, but it does have two eSIM cards. One has my (US) domestic service on it. I'd like to sign up for mobile service in Argentina ahead of my next trip in a couple months.

So far, I haven't found a provider that supports signing up for service using eSIM before travel, and I thought someone here might know where to look.

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Nomad. And see NY Times article on various providers
Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:46 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
The MobiMatter app provides good options for a start.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

The options mentioned aren't for service with an Argentinian provider, just a service that works in various locations. I already have that with T-Mobile in the US. I'm looking for local Argentina service with a local Buenos Aires number.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
You may have to wait until you arrive in Argentina if you want to get a local Arg number. All providers there have the option for eSim but the majority of the time you have to do it in person for new activations. I'm sure you know that T-Mobile offers free roaming in Argentina with unlimited 2/3G speed and 4G/LTE for the first 5GB (per month) in most of their plans. Since you want a Arg number, you can always install Whatsapp for Business (different app, same system) and use that number.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by fedechat
You may have to wait until you arrive in Argentina if you want to get a local Arg number. All providers there have the option for eSim but the majority of the time you have to do it in person for new activations. I'm sure you know that T-Mobile offers free roaming in Argentina with unlimited 2/3G speed and 4G/LTE for the first 5GB (per month) in most of their plans. Since you want a Arg number, you can always install Whatsapp for Business (different app, same system) and use that number.
That’s a pro tip! T-Mobile works flawlessly in BsAs
2RETIREDTRAVELERS likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
That’s a pro tip! T-Mobile works flawlessly in BsAs
Yes, I've been with TMO for over ten years and the international roaming has come in super handy on every trip out of the country, including of course Argentina.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 4:45 pm

I used Arialo on most recent trip. $30 USD for 6 gb if i remember correctly.

They assigned me to Movistar network and gave me a Chilean phone number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.