Wiki Posts
Search

English speaking TV shows in Argentina? Internet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
English speaking TV shows in Argentina? Internet

Will be staying in Mendoza for at least a couple months with no international TV service in the place I'm staying. Apparently it does have high speed wifi and was curious if there is something like Sling (only works in U.S.) where I can stream TV and movies?

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Amazon Prime streaming allows for streaming outside of the US, but not all of the items that are normally in Prime Streaming. Also, you can download in advance to your device to watch at your leisure.

I believe the same goes for Netflix.

I think the other option to set up a VPN. If you have DirectNow, you can watch that with the VPN. In that case, I wonder if you can bring your own streaming device (AppleTV)?

You might get better assistance from the knowledgeable folks on the Travel Technology forum.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Unless things have changed recently, if you have a Slingbox set up in the US, you can watch everything available on your cable at home. Mine still worked all over the world over the past couple of years.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Thanks for the replies. I won't have any ties to services in the U.S. and only a laptop and internet. I'll be traveling the world for a year so something that works worldwide would be good.

I'll check in the tech forum and Amazon Prime
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA/AA
One thing that took me weeks to realize......

In the USA, if you push the SAP button on the remote control, you'll often get Spanish language.

In Argentina, you'll get English language.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
There's Netflix in Argentina. The content has of course some local stuff, but most of the programming is American.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tinchote
There's Netflix in Argentina. The content has of course some local stuff, but most of the programming is American.
You mean North American, or United Statesian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.