Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Perito Moreno glacier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Perito Moreno glacier

I was just wondering whether we can squeeze in a quick early morning trip to Perito Moreno prior to our noon flight out of El Calafate airport in January. We will be renting a car.

It's been several years since I was there last, so I can't remember exactly when the park opens. Obviously there's no time for a hike or boat ride, but we were wondering -- if we get there around 8 AM and spend about an hour, we should be able to leave by around 9 - 9:15 AM and be back at the airport in time to drop off the car and check in.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
It is possible, from Downtown to Perito Moreno is a 60 minutes ride, then 80 minutes to the airport (60+20). What is your departure time? 12:01 or 12:55?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

It was a bit more expensive, but we have decided to take the flight departing at 2:05 pm. That way we have another extra couple of hours and hopefully we get to see something of the glacier. Then if we need to be at the airport by about 1 PM, we can leave the glacier around 11:20 AM or so just to be safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.