Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Finishing up a 5 day hiking trip in El Calafate and want to extend, need suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finishing up a 5 day hiking trip in El Calafate and want to extend, need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys,

Long time lurker here. I am finally going to use my hard earned points on a trip to Patagonia. We have settled on a 5 day hiking trip in Torres del Paine but we want to extend the trip for another 3 to 4 days.

We are considering flying to one of the following, Buenos Aires, Santiago, or Mendoza. What would you recommend and why

Some things to consider:
  • We want culture since most of the trip will lack that since its backpacking
  • This is our first time in S. America
  • This last leg of our trip will be where we fly out of back to the US
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by AaronM
Hey guys,

Long time lurker here. I am finally going to use my hard earned points on a trip to Patagonia. We have settled on a 5 day hiking trip in Torres del Paine but we want to extend the trip for another 3 to 4 days.

We are considering flying to one of the following, Buenos Aires, Santiago, or Mendoza. What would you recommend and why

Some things to consider:
  • We want culture since most of the trip will lack that since its backpacking
  • This is our first time in S. America
  • This last leg of our trip will be where we fly out of back to the US
I guess from Torres del Paine the easiest would be to get to Santiago, but if you are looking for culture and it's your first time in South America, I would definitely go to Buenos Aires. Santiago and Mendoza are nice, Buenos Aires is a must is you are in the Southern Cone. From EZE you have nonstop flights to quite a few cities in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.