Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

For AR residents: Where do you earn miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that

Hey everyone! This question goes to anyone living in Argentina. I was wondering in which Airline you collect miles flown in the different three Alliances.
In my case:

LAN for OneWorld flights, Aerolineas Argentinas for SkyTeam flights and for StarAlliance I was wondering if anyone could help me choose, since I have not used their services in quite some time and will probably fly ANZ later this year.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:14 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Until recently, ICBC cards (ex-Standard Bank) earned you Mileage Plus miles, however OIBC terminated the agreement a few months ago. There was a rumour out there that Santander was looking to grab the chance and join in on an agreement with United but there is still nothing confirmed.... Santander lost LAN to BBVA about 4/5 years ago and has since only had its lackluster in-house rewards program which is nothing to write home about.

Not sure there is another Star Alliance earning option out there..... but you do have Membership Rewards from Amex.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Itaś also withdrew its TAM Fidelidade credit cards after the Latam merger and JJ's move to Oneworld. Probably they didn't want to / were not allowed to compete against BBVA which has Lanpass.

For Star Alliance I'd think the only way to earn miles in Argentina is through American Express' Membership Rewards programme, by transferring your points to Avianca/TACA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.