Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

How early can you check luggage at EZE (on AA)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Anybody know how early before a flight AA will accept luggage at EZE?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
The international "rule" is to open check-in counters 3 hours before the departure time. Sometimes its a bit earlier. AA has 5 flights a day to/from EZE. If you're lucky and go very early, maybe you'll find AA counters open and you can check in and drop luggage. But I wouldn't know. I can assure that 3 hours before the flight, counters will be open tho.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

AA has flights leaving around 8:30pm for JFK. They'll be open to check in that flight at around 5:30pm. Would you be able to check in for the 10pm DFW flight at 6pm? I guess I'll try it and report back, unless someone knows off hand!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:49 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Didn't AA also have a daytime flight at least a couple of days a week...? Not sure they are still running it, but if so, then maybe getting rid of bags earlier than the above 530pm time is possible.....?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Yes, they have a daytime flight. Not sure if they let you check in for a flight later on.

But I can confirm that they let you check bags for the later flights at least 5 hours in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:04 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
If they are still running the daytime flight, I would be VERY surprised if they didn't allow you to check in when they have someone at their desks.....
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
Yes, they have a daytime flight. Not sure if they let you check in for a flight later on.

But I can confirm that they let you check bags for the later flights at least 5 hours in advance.
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
If they are still running the daytime flight, I would be VERY surprised if they didn't allow you to check in when they have someone at their desks.....
AA's daytime flight to MIA (AA934) is only in the schedule until May 4. So the earliest that the checkin counters will be open is probably around 5:00 pm, as AA900 departs at 8:00 pm.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:32 pm

Anybody know how early before a flight AA will accept luggage at EZE?
Could you find out about this? How early could you check in with AA?
I'm on the AA900 to Miami (8pm) and want to watch one of the world cup matches in a lounge (5pm), so I was wondering if I could check the luggage at 4.30pm ish..
Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuchop
Could you find out about this? How early could you check in with AA?
I'm on the AA900 to Miami (8pm) and want to watch one of the world cup matches in a lounge (5pm), so I was wondering if I could check the luggage at 4.30pm ish..
Thanks!
My recent experience that as long as their counters are open, they'll let you check in way early. So if you're on the 10:55pm to Miami, you can check in at 5pm.

However, you're flying on their first flight of the day since the daytime flight is not going anymore. So the question is how early they open the counters. For sure they'll be open at 5pm. Unfortunately I don't know if they'll be open any earlier than that.

This site:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...irporthelp#eze

Says they open at 9am (!!). I'm not sure I believe that though. There's also electronic check-in, so if you don't have bags to drop off, you might be able to use that.

Another option: watch the first half of the match at one of the cafeterias land-side, then hope you can check in and get through emigration during half time!
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:26 pm

My recent experience that as long as their counters are open, they'll let you check in way early. So if you're on the 10:55pm to Miami, you can check in at 5pm.

However, you're flying on their first flight of the day since the daytime flight is not going anymore. So the question is how early they open the counters. For sure they'll be open at 5pm. Unfortunately I don't know if they'll be open any earlier than that.

This site:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...irporthelp#eze

Says they open at 9am (!!). I'm not sure I believe that though. There's also electronic check-in, so if you don't have bags to drop off, you might be able to use that.

Another option: watch the first half of the match at one of the cafeterias land-side, then hope you can check in and get through emigration during half time!
Thanks for the answer! I also checked that site, but I suppose its for buying tickets, not to check in. I guess I'll wait and see! They are picking me up at 3.30, so I'll arrive at 4.30-5 depending on traffic.. not a big deal if they open the counters at 5.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
So the question is how early they open the counters. For sure they'll be open at 5pm. Unfortunately I don't know if they'll be open any earlier than that.
They are definitely open at 5. I don't know how much earlier, because although I was at EZE a week ago at 4, I didn't leave the LAN counters with an endorsed ticket to AA until just after 5. I checked in for my 10pm DFW flight just after 5, without issue. At 5pm, the security and migraciones lines in total took under 10 minutes. (It was a long long afternoon/evening at EZE!)
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by tuchop
Thanks for the answer! I also checked that site, but I suppose its for buying tickets, not to check in. I guess I'll wait and see! They are picking me up at 3.30, so I'll arrive at 4.30-5 depending on traffic.. not a big deal if they open the counters at 5.
The official AA policy is that checkin of bags at EZE can be made anytime on the day of departure when the ticket office is open. It explicitly refers to ticket office, not checkin counter. Despite that, my personal practice is to confirm when checkin counters will open and use them instead, because the risk of problems is lower even though they do follow their policy in this respect, so I have been told by AA CK people. It is always hard to know absolutely because checkin desks tend to open late if flights are delayed and/or the whim strikes them to be a trifle slow.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
The official AA policy is that checkin of bags at EZE can be made anytime on the day of departure when the ticket office is open. It explicitly refers to ticket office, not checkin counter. Despite that, my personal practice is to confirm when checkin counters will open and use them instead, because the risk of problems is lower even though they do follow their policy in this respect, so I have been told by AA CK people. It is always hard to know absolutely because checkin desks tend to open late if flights are delayed and/or the whim strikes them to be a trifle slow.
FYI, the ticket counters (not the check-in counters) are at the far left of the main terminal hall. However, if I arrived shortly before 5 and the check-in counter wasn't open, I'd just wait a bit.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:54 pm

Hi guys thanks for the informative debate. I talked to a British Airways agent last night (who sometimes works for AA), and she told me that AA sometimes opens at 4, but for sure at 4.30. I should arrive at 4.30.. but it's Argentina and the General Paz is unpredictable.. might be earlier or later.. average would be that (1 hour, leaving my home at 3.30). I'll report back in any case and let you all know the time they were open. Thanks again .
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

So what time did they open? And more importantly, did they delay boarding until after the penalty kicks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.