*Aviso* - probable National Strike 10 April 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
*Aviso* - probable National Strike 10 April 2014

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0MN1KF20140326

There will be no public transit, and air travel is expected to be affected.
24 hours
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:37 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Mierda.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:39 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Yes.... its unclear what the exact ramifications of this Strike will be, I was reading today that not all the Unions related to air travel will be joining in on the strike so perhaps some airlines will be less (or not at all) affected..... its hard to predict what will happen.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
its hard to predict what will happen.
Doesn't sound like Argentina, does it
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes.... its unclear what the exact ramifications of this Strike will be, I was reading today that not all the Unions related to air travel will be joining in on the strike so perhaps some airlines will be less (or not at all) affected..... its hard to predict what will happen.
IIRC the last strike had little effect on International air travel. Here in my sleepy little town life will go on as usual.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: miles and more,magnifica
This one is very different,ebacuse of the economic situation.
Also,they will not be baks and many other services,such as buses,trains and subway
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ariel81
This one is very different,ebacuse of the economic situation.
Also,they will not be baks and many other services,such as buses,trains and subway
The Banks will be a hit and miss... the State owned banks will probably be on a special work schedule, but most private banks usually operate. On the past strikes, the BSSE has operated normally so that also means that banking at least in the city center is business as usual.

We will know more as to how serious this strike will be in the 48/72 hours before the day of the event, as the various trade unions announce their participation (or not).
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: miles and more,magnifica
The Banks will be a hit and miss... the State owned banks will probably be on a special work schedule, but most private banks usually operate. On the past strikes, the BSSE has operated normally so that also means that banking at least in the city center is business as usual.

We will know more as to how serious this strike will be in the 48/72 hours before the day of the event, as the various trade unions announce their participation (or not).
I think that the trade union of the bankes,announced that they will join
I think they are going to celebrate my birthday in a really special way
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:10 am

My contact at LAN Argentina tells me the FAs have decided to join the Strike so it seems all LAN Argentina operations will be disrupted on 4/10.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 6:07 am

Media reports are quoting Unión sources as saying Aerolíneas will also suspend operations on 4/10. Apparently they are not selling tickets that day...
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wow, to the extent that LAN and AR handle foreign carriers at EZE, at best operations will be a mess (will lounges be closed?) for those flying long haul too.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:51 pm

Looks like a massive mess
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:06 pm

It will be interesting to see how the international carriers manage to operate out of EZE. Even if the foreign crews are ready to fly, with no baggage handlers, ramp personnel and crews to refuel jets, its going to be an interesting 4/10.....
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:32 pm

BA and IB are still selling tickets for arrival at EZE on the 10th so they seem to be confident of being able to operate normally.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
BA and IB are still selling tickets for arrival at EZE on the 10th so they seem to be confident of being able to operate normally.
Or confident that they can handle the re-bookings, or the passengers anger if the bags do not appear on time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.