2 dinners in Buenos Aires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 dinners in Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
El Baqueano sounds like a really good restaurant, but I'm traveling solo. Would it be weird to get a reservation for one?

Any other recommendations for a solo traveler who is really into grilled meats and trying new things? First time to Argentina/BA. I have 4 days in BA, and I love to eat.

I prefer casual with really good food. Not much of a wine drinker (more of a beer guy but probably won't be drinking much regardless). I like fancy/expensive, but only if the food is that good.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by Majikow
El Baqueano sounds like a really good restaurant, but I'm traveling solo. Would it be weird to get a reservation for one?
Actually this would be one of the better restaurants to go to as a solo diner. It's small and since the menu is fixed, the staff have time to talk and you can take a leisurely pace and enjoy the food. They offer wine pairings, so that would probably be a good choice rather than ordering a single bottle. They also offer wines by the glass.

And I'll be there again tonight with another FTer

Last edited by SoFlyOn; Jan 3, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
In fact, dinner was excellent last night. Dinner for the set menu plus an extra course, a glass of bubbles, a bottle of wine, 3 bottles of water, with tip, came to approx. US$50 a person. (This was with "Dolar Blue" exchange, and paying in cash, which gives a 10% discount there.) We also discussed with the owner how it would be for a solo diner, and she encouraged it, and said it would be a good experience.

For reference, this same dinner would have been at least 3 to 4x the price in the USA.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
In fact, dinner was excellent last night. Dinner for the set menu plus an extra course, a glass of bubbles, a bottle of wine, 3 bottles of water, with tip, came to approx. US$50 a person. (This was with "Dolar Blue" exchange, and paying in cash, which gives a 10% discount there.) We also discussed with the owner how it would be for a solo diner, and she encouraged it, and said it would be a good experience.

For reference, this same dinner would have been at least 3 to 4x the price in the USA.
We also had an interesting dry cider and a shot of grappa to finish.

Muy Bien ^^^^^
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:31 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Yes... Le Grill Puerto Madero is currently the No. 1 High-End dead cow address in Buenos Aires. . ^
I'll check it tomorrow^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.