EZE: Quilombo Total!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE: Quilombo Total!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 4:25 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Who could turn down front seats at the cirko?
Amen !!! ^
Old Nov 12, 2010, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
The departure lounges in EZE are a disgrace.....
You mean the airline lounges?

Yeah of the three I've been in the RCC has been about the best....although on that occasion it was very quiet which probably helped the ambience of the place.
The Admirals Club is okay if quiet, but it was kind of busy the last time we used it. I imagine it must be packed in the evening.
Food and drink selection in both lounges is adequate if you're just popping in for a short while. I wonder if they put out better grub in the evening when their own flights are leaving for N America?
The AMEX lounge even although refurbished is a horrible lounge.....food and drink were practically non existent when we were in so we left. I would rather be out sitting in a cafe in the departure lounge than visit that place again.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY

Yeah of the three I've been in the RCC has been about the best....although on that occasion it was very quiet which probably helped the ambience of the place.
The Admirals Club is okay if quiet, but it was kind of busy the last time we used it. I imagine it must be packed in the evening.
Food and drink selection in both lounges is adequate if you're just popping in for a short while. I wonder if they put out better grub in the evening when their own flights are leaving for N America?
The AMEX lounge even although refurbished is a horrible lounge.....food and drink were practically non existent when we were in so we left. I would rather be out sitting in a cafe in the departure lounge than visit that place again.
The RCC is probably the most "pleasant" space. I'm usually there when it is quiet. They don't even have the prime rib service anymore for their own UA flight, according to recent reports by Don Las Caitas. And during non-UA flight hours, there aren't even little sammiches. The AC has 2 computer terminals, but otherwise, it is often quite overcrowded, and a somewhat awkward space. The Sala de las Americas is really a dive. But they have these puffy "cheetos-on-steroids" snacks. As my grandfather would have said, the staff there "has the personality of a busted fart." I believe I was once in the IB lounge quite some time ago. I don't recall any redeeming social value of that visit, if it actually occurred. (I think it did.)
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
The RCC is now much more pleasant while waiting for UA 846 ever since LH moved their FRA departure to late in the afternoon.
Earlier in the year the hors d'oeuvres were replaced by sandwiches de miga but that's been reversed ^

The best thing about the RCC is that I'm greeted upon entry with "Good evening Dr. SoFlyOn - I see you're waitlisted for an upgrade to C." And getting paged to the front desk shortly thereafter
Old Nov 12, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
I found the Iberia lounge the best of all (though I've never been to the RCC since it's always closed at the time BA246 departs). It's a small lounge but quiet (at least at that time) and they have some nice sandwiches de miga.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:24 pm

I flew in from Uruguay today but landed at a smaller old military airport on the north side of the city. They had some large tents setup to handle immigration. Only a 5 min line and I was out of there. I fly out Sunday from EZE at 5:45am on TAM. Any insite on how early to be at the airport?

Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Yes, but actually EZE in general is a disgrace..... the entire airport if a 4th tier operation... a shameful gateway to welcome visitors to Argentina. Compared to the new Montevideo Airport.... or to SCL its truly shameful...

Originally Posted by HIDDY

Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yes, but actually EZE in general is a disgrace..... the entire airport if a 4th tier operation... a shameful gateway to welcome visitors to Argentina. Compared to the new Montevideo Airport.... or to SCL its truly shameful...

Or to LIM, which has turned itself into a very nice airport (albeit now busting at the seams). Yet as crowded as it now gets in the midnight hub bank, it feels luxurious compared to EZE when it is empty.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:41 am

Yes... I agree... I had a stop-over in LIM on my return leg from JFK and I was impressed.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
The departure lounges in EZE are a disgrace.....
Amen to that. Generally the most crowded you will find anywhere...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Another data point- I landed at EZE about 8am on 11/16, and while immigration was quick, customs was a huge bottleneck. The airlines hand out the new customs forms for you to fill out, but no one collects them. For whatever reason, even with every Xray lane open, there have been extremely long lines- easily 30 to 60 minutes, depending on which line you stand in- on both of my arrivals in the last few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.