Wiki Posts
Search

Westpac dumps AN for QF

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2001, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Westpac dumps AN for QF

Funny to think that thousands of $ that I paid to AN for a tix (still waiting on refund *grumble*) will turn into thousands+.5 of QF FF points

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Nov 2, 2001, 7:11 am

From the Westpac website:

Westpac is pleased to announce its association with Qantas to offer Qantas Frequent Flyer points as part of its new credit card rewards program.

Features of the new program include:
- Domestic and International flight and travel rewards, retail rewards and more; including redemption for Qantas Frequent Flyer points.
- One reward point for every dollar you spend on your card, with bonus points available from a range of new bonus partners.
- From 5 November to 31 December 2001, Westpac will offer 1.5 points for every dollar spent under the new program.
- No points expiry. You will earn Westpac points that never expire and will always be secure as long as you are a card holder in our new program.

Keep Flyin'
Anne-Marie
Old Nov 2, 2001, 2:37 pm

Yes,but rather than "Westpac dumps AN for QF" I would think "AN pushes Westpac into QF fold" would be more appropriate.
Old Nov 6, 2001, 7:06 pm

What concerns me in relation to award seat availability,is now that Diners and Westpac are using QANTAS, where are the award seats coming from ???
They were hard enough to get before the AN crash .Just imagine what things will be like if QF do not increase their award seat inventory in line with the extra seats being redeemed.
Maybe the new players have enough sense to insist on some form of guaranteed availability for their customers but I don't know how they can arrange this.
Ozflier
Old Nov 7, 2001, 7:52 pm

Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia / Tallahassee, Florida, USA / QF Club; QF-Silver; OW-Ruby; AN; DL-Blue.
You'd assume an increase in reward seats together with the increase in planes and services.

Old Nov 8, 2001, 7:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QantasAllTheWay:
You'd assume an increase in reward seats together with the increase in planes and services.</font>
But when you look at what is happening - flights to the US reduced, flights to the UK reduced. With a reduction in flights on long-haul international services, how does this auger for those interested in international rewards?

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.