Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

If i have a ticket fron NYP to WAS, can i board at NWK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If i have a ticket fron NYP to WAS, can i board at NWK?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I've never backtracked, but I'm in Club Acela NYP all the time, and it's very difficult to imagine anyone "really liking" it.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by physioprof
I've never backtracked, but I'm in Club Acela NYP all the time, and it's very difficult to imagine anyone "really liking" it.
I have to agree with that one. I can't imagine wasting 45 minutes of my life plus the NJT fare to sit in the dank, claustrophobic basement that is NYP's Club Acela just to eat crappy 99-cent snacks and (maybe) get a marginally better seat. Tickets are almost never checked between NYP-NWK in any case.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:47 pm

Thanks for the responses. Of course it is rational not to backtrack, but me included as a FTer, we do things not known to be rational on travel at times, at least in the eyes of general public.

I guess this is more common for WAS/NCR and BOS/BBY, where there have been many reports of dissatisfaction with choice of seats, especially with respect to Acela F at BBY/RTE, and they are willing to backtrack. When we used to have 500/750 city-pair and 100 minimum, there have been scores of stories about backtracking even from BWI/BAL or PVD(!) for the reason stated above but also to collect 100 points on the $10 tix in addition to 500/750 points on Acela (but alas, neither no longer exists).

As to the original question, yes, they don't check the ticket in the "co-terminals" but there are people worried about these stuff out there. I just want this thread to make contribution for giving people options and see how good/silly the options can be. I actually got to this thread by googling, so people read these stuff.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Another argument for NWK: You can walk over to one of the Portuguese bakeries in the Ironbound and get a pastel de nata for breakfast. Those little custard pastries are delicious!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:49 pm

Well, a bit of an update. I forgot that 141 originates from SPG, not NYP, so there is no reason to backtrack on this one! I will still consider backtracking for Acela F for reasons mentioned before (I once had the pleasure of getting stuck at a 4-person table on STM-BOS, very uncomfortable, not cool for $300 ticket; I certainly wished I backtracked back then).

Originally Posted by DCA writer
Another argument for NWK: You can walk over to one of the Portuguese bakeries in the Ironbound and get a pastel de nata for breakfast. Those little custard pastries are delicious!
Thanks for the tip! I may do this soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.