Wiki Posts
Search

AGR Shopping Portal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
AGR Shopping Portal

Just discovered this, looks like some very valuable offers, including 2 points/dollar at Apple, 4 points/dollar at Macy's and 10 points/dolllar at ebags right now:

https://shop.amtrakguestrewards.com/

Was just about to buy a ~$2,000 Macbook, good to see I can get 4,000 AGR points out of it.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: UA Gold Premier, AA Life Platinum 3MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Expect to wait six weeks for AGR points to post!

Originally Posted by hi55us
Just discovered this, looks like some very valuable offers, including 2 points/dollar at Apple, 4 points/dollar at Macy's and 10 points/dolllar at ebags right now:

https://shop.amtrakguestrewards.com/

Was just about to buy a ~$2,000 Macbook, good to see I can get 4,000 AGR points out of it.
I recently used the Amtrak shopping portal to purchase a generic toner cartridge from a merchant I have found to be reliable in the past.

Two things to note: First, based on my experience, if the sale occurs properly, you should receive an email notification from "Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping" within 24 hours confirming your purchase; and, second, you should expect to wait up to six weeks (in my case it was 40 days) before receiving a second notice with the subject line "Approved Points". The earned points showed up in my account pretty much simultaneous with this second notice.

(This was my first use of the Amtrak shopping portal in quite a while. In the past when Amtrak was part of Chase's Ultimate Rewards program, I had frequently used Chase's shopping portal to earn points because of the greater flexibility provided. But, now that Amtrak is no longer part of Chase, it definitely makes sense for me to use the Amtrak shopping portal if I am otherwise going to make a purchase that would qualify for AGR points. Since I value AGR points at close to 2.9¢ a piece, on average this represents a better value for me than the United miles -- which I value somewhat less-- that I could earn using the Chase UR shopping portal, assuming of course that I need the AGR points.)
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
There is 30X on 1800Flowers, which even with the outrageously high shipping cost, may be a decent deal if you were looking to get flowers this month anyway.
http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...k-1800flowers/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.