Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Award Cancellation - AGR 1.0 Redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:39 am
Original Poster

I have a upcoming cross country round trip (in bedrooms) made under the old AGR redemption guidelines. There is a good chance that this trip will have to be cancelled. If so, will I receive my full points back or will there be a penalty involved?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AGR Select/Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum
AGR2.0 Cancellations

Originally Posted by Humbird
I have a upcoming cross country round trip (in bedrooms) made under the old AGR redemption guidelines. There is a good chance that this trip will have to be cancelled. If so, will I receive my full points back or will there be a penalty involved?
Under Amtrak and AGR's New Cancellation Policy you will be penalized 10-20% of your points if you Cancel a Rez,depending on when you Cancel.

Why not "Modify" your Rez by Changing it to a day you can travel? If you're flexible in your dates you may even get a Point Refund since all AGR2.0 Reward Trips are Fare Based.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
Yes unless you have Select Executive status
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by MrChu
Yes unless you have Select Executive status
Where are you getting this from? I have not seen any announcement of award cancellation penalty waiver for Select Executive members. And I am a Select Executive member and have been charged the points cancellation penalty.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by physioprof
Where are you getting this from? I have not seen any announcement of award cancellation penalty waiver for Select Executive members. And I am a Select Executive member and have been charged the points cancellation penalty.
The extra, close-in 10% penalty is waived for Select Executive members. The base 10% penalty applies to all.

For cancelations on one-way, round-trip or multi-segment reward travel, the following will apply:
  • A 10% points penalty is assessed for any refund (redeposit) back to the member account.
  • If canceling a non-sleeper ticket within 24 hours prior to departure, or a sleeper ticket within 14 days prior to departure, an additional "close-in" penalty of 10% of the points redeemed will be collected (waived for Select Executive)
AGR T&C
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by physioprof
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
The extra, close-in 10% penalty is waived for Select Executive members. AGR T&C
Huh. This is news to me as well. I'm fairly sure it wasn't part of the rules when 2.0 was rolled out a year ago, since I didn't flag it in the wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...t-rewards.html. (Have now updated accordingly.)
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by beltway
Huh. This is news to me as well. I'm fairly sure it wasn't part of the rules when 2.0 was rolled out a year ago, since I didn't flag it in the wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...t-rewards.html. (Have now updated accordingly.)
Yes, I was aware of this. The above post was not distinguishing between the standard 10% and close-in 20% pentaly, and seemed to imply that both were waived for Select Executive, which is not the case. Select Executive is still subject to the standard 10% penalty (which completely stinks, IMO).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.