Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amtrak websites down since May 15

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2016, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Amtrak websites down since May 15

It's been two days since I could not access my account online. Calls to AGR will have you wait in long hold, esp. if not elite.

A little more detail: I cannot log in, claiming no password match, and when I try password reset, then I get the following email

---

Dear <snip>,

Please find your Amtrak Guest Rewards® temporary password below.

<snip>

Your Amtrak Guest Rewards temporary password:

---

Yes, the temporary password is blank! I actually tried to login with black password, no go.

UPDATE: I actually got the call through. Agent aware of the issue and apologized profusely, but didn't know when the system will be back up. I actually needed to upgrade some reservations, and it went fine. Advised me that award redemption may not work for those who were affected (so may be not everyone has the issue). Sounded chaotic in the background.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I am auto-logged into my AGR account on google chrome just fine, but when I tried sending myself a referral email to sign up a family member, using google chrome and incognito, it seems the click on SEND does not register and I get a 'This site cannot be reached' message.

And another failure message when I click 'Request Missing Points' link. I assume it's okay to claim points later as long as I sign him up before travel, or call to have AGR number added to the ticket later, assuming the website is fixed in the next 3 weeks. Can a station agent at departure point add an AGR number?
Old May 17, 2016, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

It's up and running now (at least for me). I was asked to reset my password, properly. That was quite a long outage.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I have not had any of my AGR activity post to my account since almost two weeks ago, including AGR Mastercard activity and Amtrak trips. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old May 18, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by physioprof
I have not had any of my AGR activity post to my account since almost two weeks ago, including AGR Mastercard activity and Amtrak trips. Anyone else experiencing this?
I have not had two one way trips post from early May. When I called in they said that nothing from May has posted.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Hilton Honors
My wife and I had an April 30 trip post on May 8 - regular points + Business Class 25% bonus and double-days.

Wife's BofA AGR credit card points (regular + Amtrak travel) posted on May 8.

Also, received a "Pending Points" notification on May 13 for a purchase through the AGR portal.

Last edited by FrensicPic; May 18, 2016 at 3:45 pm Reason: Added info
Old May 19, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: AGR Select Exec, MR Plat, B6 Mosaic, UA Silver
Originally Posted by physioprof
I've had half of two trips post, but not the other half. Hoping this is resolved in the next couple of days.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Can't log into the Amtrak website or mobile app. Resetting password does nothing.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Every time I try to log in, it says my account has been locked out and to please sign back in 30 minutes.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was having this problem on Sunday the 15th as well.
I just reset my password today and was able to log on.

As for trips posting, my May 7th trip posted, but my return on May 8th, and all subsequent trips, have not. I just submitted the request for missing points, but I guess I'll just sit back and wait.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:17 pm

Have been getting a blank screen when I click on the 'My Transactions' link for over a week. Called AGR and was told to reset my password. I did that and it hasn't fixed a thing. Is everyone else able to access their Transaction history?
Old May 25, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I was having this problem on Sunday the 15th as well.
I just reset my password today and was able to log on.

As for trips posting, my May 7th trip posted, but my return on May 8th, and all subsequent trips, have not. I just submitted the request for missing points, but I guess I'll just sit back and wait.
May 8 was cutoff for my trips posting, too.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:24 pm

My May 8th trip posted but none of the four trips I've taken since have. I've been able to log in no problem, though.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Also can't log in. Even resetting password can't get me in, keeps saying

"Password entered is invalid. Password must be 8 characters, include 1 alpha character and 1 number or special character"

...even though I've followed all the rules and get a green check mark next to each requirement when I enter it. I've tried several times, through both Amtrak site and AGR site.
Old May 27, 2016, 8:37 am
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
I can finally log in to the web site, though no trips have posted for me since May 2 (my next trip after that was May 12). Also, several functions of the site work only sporadically for me (such as showing posted transactions, which just hangs about 3/4 of the time).

What a fiasco. This is 2016; web sites and databases aren't experimental cutting edge technologies. It's pretty clear that Amtrak doesn't see AGR as a priority. If an airline did this with frequent flyer accounts, there'd be riots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.