Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase AGR Mastercard?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I'm also concerned about potential forced conversion to Chase Freedom, since they might force us to drop one account if we already have a Freedom card open. But that's a small worry for another day.
Don't worry.

I already have two Freedom cards. Both are converts from other products. A third would be handy during quarters with good bonuses!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
I have the Amtrak Mastercard and I Love It!!

I DO NOT WANT MY CARD TO GO AWAY. I use my Amtrak MC for almost everything and I'm enjoying the points accumulated. I wont accept Chase FREEDOM if they force conversion from Amtrak (I already have Chase Marriott RW Visa signature and legacy Citi Mastercard (my first and longest serving card dating back to my college days in the late '80's) - I will be really pissed if they decide to cancel my Amtrak Mastercard to 'Freedom'. What's next? Thanks - Joe G near LAX p.s. - got some info from Chase, and existing cardholders like myself are fine for now...I checked AGR Insider remarks as well. Thanks 'Flyertalk' for having this thread out as I had no other news about these changes outside of this forum. "Flyertalk' is truly a wealth of info and thats why I'm here. JG

Last edited by goriajk; Apr 1, 2015 at 1:09 am
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:05 am

Should I transfer my UR points now? Have like 100K points but can't decide how much to transfer, never traveled w/ Amtrak but thought that's the best redemption for UR points.
Also I remember keeping an old credit card offer from snail-mail. What are the chances with Chase that they will take the app from expired offer?
Someone can keep (all) AGR points from expiring by small SPG transfers, right?
Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"Someone can keep (all) AGR points from expiring by small SPG transfers, right?"

Wrong. Unless you have the Chase/AGR card, AGR points expire 36 months after last paid travel on Amtrak. Presumably, having the successor credit card to the Chase/AGR card would also keep points from expiring, but that has not been announced yet.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
It may be a coincidence, but my AGR points from Chase activity from my March 27 statement have not posted to AGR. They always posted the day after the closing date, so this delay is unusual.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
It may be a coincidence, but my AGR points from Chase activity from my March 27 statement have not posted to AGR. They always posted the day after the closing date, so this delay is unusual.
My points from my April 1st statement have posted already.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Still nothing here from my 3/27 Chase statement. It's the first time I've ever missed a Chase AGR posting. My Chase UA MP posting from a card with the same billing date posted on-time.

I'll give it another week or so, and if nothing happens (and I'm not optimistic), I'll call AGR. Calling AGR about a posting issue is kind of like calling Comcast about a cable TV problem. It's a little scary, but for 1400 points, it's worth some aggravation.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Calling AGR about a posting issue is kind of like calling Comcast about a cable TV problem. It's a little scary, but for 1400 points, it's worth some aggravation.
Would you not have better luck calling Chase instead?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by isle-hawg
That is probably a good first step. I just have the feeling that Chase will say they threw the points over the wall to AGR and it's an AGR issue.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by isle-hawg
That is probably a good first step. I just have the feeling that Chase will say they threw the points over the wall to AGR and it's an AGR issue.
When dealing with point transfers that have gone AWOL, it's best to get both entities on the line via conference call; that makes it tougher for each side to point fingers at the other.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:25 pm

Amtrak card, RUMINT

Per an April 4 post by FF blogger (and now self-proclaimed "thought leader in travel") Gary Leff,
Amtrak promises an ‘official’ statement next week.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:44 am
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
AGR is aware of the point posting issue and we are working with Chase to resolve delayed posting credit for specific statement closing dates in March. This issue is not related to the discontinuance of new credit card applications. Thank you for your patience.

Anthony
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AGR Insider
AGR is aware of the point posting issue and we are working with Chase to resolve delayed posting credit for specific statement closing dates in March. This issue is not related to the discontinuance of new credit card applications. Thank you for your patience.

Anthony
My 3/27 statements points posted today. Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Per an April 4 post by FF blogger (and now self-proclaimed "thought leader in travel") Gary Leff,
"Amtrak promises an ‘official’ statement next week."
So, where's that "offficial" statement??? It's now April 18 (14 days after April 4). So that "next week" (relative to April 4) seems definitely come and gone!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by sdsearch
So, where's that "offficial" statement??? It's now April 18 (14 days after April 4). So that "next week" (relative to April 4) seems definitely come and gone!
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Seeing that every airline, hotel chain and the multitudes of other affiliated CCs I would be shocked if one did not emerge.

Seeing that I already have the old card. I am hoping it is a new product whether from Chase or another bank so that I can get another sign-up bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.