Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Relations Really Busy?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Customer Relations Really Busy?

Just received the following in response to my second correspondence relating to an event in Nov. Has service been that bad and/or have there been that many complaints such that no one is available to reply? I write this while I pass the 15+ minute mark on hold waiting for a live person at Customer Relations (which is a menu and a hold b/f one is redirected to CR)

Edit: 30 min hold time but what a great CR rep. Really impressed and a happy resolution.

Cheers -

Dear Mr. thegrailer:

Thank you for your email and your patience in waiting for a response.

Regrettably, the past few months have seen several service disruptions throughout our system. This has caused a significant increase in not only our call volume, but with the amount of letters and email received as well. Since all of our responses are processed in date order, we have been unable to respond to these as quickly as we would like. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the delay in response.

We are eager to answer your questions and to resolve any issues of concern to you, but are unable to reach you by phone. We would like to talk with you personally. Please call us at your earliest convenience and we will provide you with immediate, courteous and personalized service.

Please call our toll-free number, 1-800-USA-RAIL (872-7245) and ask for Customer Relations. We are available Monday through Friday from 7am until 10pm Eastern Time. Please refer to the case number below.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

Amtrak Customer Relations

Last edited by thegrailer; Jun 3, 2014 at 5:05 pm Reason: got through
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:50 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

"Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize that it has taken longer than expected for us to reply. We have had an unusually high number of e-mail requests. Your patience is appreciated.

We have forwarded your e-mail correspondence to our Customer Relations Department. A Customer Relations representative will contact you as soon as possible. Please be advised that a response may take several weeks.
"
Our train from LAX to La Jolla (Solana Beach station) was interrupted 2 stops out of Union Station, at Santa Ana. Our ETA for Sol was 10:40. My husband had an appointment at UCSD Med Center for Medical Procedure. The train sat at Santa Ana for, at least 30 minutes, before a staff member explained that a Metrolink Fire two stops ahead (Irvine) had caused this delay and they had no idea how long the delay would be. Also, we were advised (in biz class car) that if any of us had important appointments along the way to find alternative transportation.
I hit my Uber X app and was on my way to La Jolla within 2 minutes. The trip was 76 miles, and 1 hour and 7 minutes. Cost $118.00
Not looking for Uber refund but do want a OW refund from Los Angeles (LAX) Union Station to Solana Beach.
I subsequently learned that the train arrived at our destination 2 hours late. Had we remained on the train my husband would have missed his doctor's appointment and surgery.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: Amtrak
It's queuing theory 101. Whenever a system's response time increases, either the arrival rate has increased or service rate has decreased, or both.

So when you experience the "Due to unusually high call volume, we are experiencing long delays", you know that something is causing the unusually high call volume or the they just laid off a bunch of phone reps, thus reducing the service rate.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:23 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by obscure2k
"Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize that it has taken longer than expected for us to reply. We have had an unusually high number of e-mail requests. Your patience is appreciated.

We have forwarded your e-mail correspondence to our Customer Relations Department. A Customer Relations representative will contact you as soon as possible. Please be advised that a response may take several weeks.
"
Our train from LAX to La Jolla (Solana Beach station) was interrupted 2 stops out of Union Station, at Santa Ana. Our ETA for Sol was 10:40. My husband had an appointment at UCSD Med Center for Medical Procedure. The train sat at Santa Ana for, at least 30 minutes, before a staff member explained that a Metrolink Fire two stops ahead (Irvine) had caused this delay and they had no idea how long the delay would be. Also, we were advised (in biz class car) that if any of us had important appointments along the way to find alternative transportation.
I hit my Uber X app and was on my way to La Jolla within 2 minutes. The trip was 76 miles, and 1 hour and 7 minutes. Cost $118.00
Not looking for Uber refund but do want a OW refund from Los Angeles (LAX) Union Station to Solana Beach.
I subsequently learned that the train arrived at our destination 2 hours late. Had we remained on the train my husband would have missed his doctor's appointment and surgery.
UPDATE: Finally received a certificate for $81.00 credit for the unused o.w. fare for 2 pax. Made a new reservation tonight and attempted to enter the numbers on the certificate for payment. Didn't work. Had to call Amtrak and was on hold for 20 minutes. I asked CSR how to enter the numbers in order to use the credit and was told I could only do that by talking to Customer Relations I explained the difficulty in speaking to Customer Relations and I was told (nicely) that I had no other recourse. Fortunately, that voucher is good for 1 year. Also, I learned that it is not transferable. Too bad. This is about the worst Customer Service I have ever encountered.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: Amtrak
Originally Posted by obscure2k
... I asked CSR how to enter the numbers in order to use the credit and was told I could only do that by talking to Customer Relations I explained the difficulty in speaking to Customer Relations and I was told (nicely) that I had no other recourse. ... Also, I learned that it is not transferable.
From a systems standpoint, I don't understand why transportation certificates (voucher for future travel due to poor service) can't be handled the same way as exchange vouchers. I.e., applied at amtrak.com and transferable.

For that matter, I don't see any business reason either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.