Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Paperless coupons for all members in 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:35 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)

To clarify some of our recent email communications -- we will be releasing our paperless coupon (eCoupon) product to all members as of March 1, 2014. The only newly issued coupons as of March 1 that will continue to be in a paper format is the lounge day pass. This means that when base-level members redeem points for upgrades, or when Select, Select Plus, and Select Executive members receive upgrade, companion, or 10% off coupons, they will be issued in electronic form as of that date.

Paperless coupons must still be applied by an Amtrak agent (on the phone or in station), but a member who applies the coupon by phone no longer needs to stop at the ticket counter before boarding. Furthermore, a running inventory of your coupons and their usage can be found on your member profile at AmtrakGuestRewards.com.

This represents an expansion of the paperless coupon benefit that Select Executive members have enjoyed throughout 2013. We look forward to continued enhancements of this benefit, including the ability to apply the coupons to a reservation using self-service channels, at a later date.

Any traditional paper coupons issued prior to March 1, 2014 will continue to function as you are accustomed, and will not be included in your paperless coupon inventory.

Anthony Rizos
Program Manager
Amtrak Guest Rewards
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by AGR Insider
a member who applies the coupon by phone no longer needs to stop at the ticket counter before boarding.

^ :-: ^

Definite improvement, good work
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: AGR Select/Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum
Cool e-Coupons

^Anthony: Thanks to you and the AGR Team for Continuing to Update AGR into the 21st Century! We Look Forward to Someday being able to use ALL of the Coupons On-Line including the Lounge Coupons, especially in Chicago!!

Happy Holidays to the AGR Team and Amtrak, Hope the Crowds and the Weather are Kind to ya'll!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
^ As a Select Executive member I can vouch that the paperless coupons work effortlessly and this surely is an enhancement for all!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MrChu
^ As a Select Executive member I can vouch that the paperless coupons work effortlessly and this surely is an enhancement for all!
Definitely a welcome step forward, but "effortless" will be when you don't have to call in to redeem.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vatraveler
Definitely a welcome step forward, but "effortless" will be when you don't have to call in to redeem.
We very much want that, too

Anthony
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: Amtrak Select
thanks Anthony!

Great work over there.

Will the coupons still be transferrable?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amamba
Will the coupons still be transferrable?
Yes -- as a gift only. Buying or selling Amtrak Guest Rewards coupons is still prohibited.

Anthony
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM
Finally

Welcome to the 21st century. Thanks much!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select
Yes -- as a gift only. Buying or selling Amtrak Guest Rewards coupons is still prohibited.

Anthony
Thanks.
I always use all my husband's upgrade coupons.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
This is terrific news going forward, thank you very much!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold

Sometimes I give my friend my companion coupons because I never use them and he can use them for his wife. Will I now have to call and book their reservation or will there be some way to electronically transfer them?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saxman66
Sometimes I give my friend my companion coupons because I never use them and he can use them for his wife. Will I now have to call and book their reservation or will there be some way to electronically transfer them?
Every electronic coupon has a unique, single-use alphanumeric serial number, called an "eCoupon number". Simply give this number to your friend, who can call Amtrak Reservations to apply it.

Anthony
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: DAL Diamond, JB Mosaic, AGR Select+, SPG Plat 75, Hyatt Diamond, AXP Plat, AXP DAL Reserve, AXP SPG
To clarify some of our recent email communications -- we will be releasing our paperless coupon (eCoupon) product to all members as of March 1, 2014. The only newly issued coupons as of March 1 that will continue to be in a paper format is the lounge day pass. This means that when base-level members redeem points for upgrades, or when Select, Select Plus, and Select Executive members receive upgrade, companion, or 10% off coupons, they will be issued in electronic form as of that date.

Paperless coupons must still be applied by an Amtrak agent (on the phone or in station), but a member who applies the coupon by phone no longer needs to stop at the ticket counter before boarding. Furthermore, a running inventory of your coupons and their usage can be found on your member profile at AmtrakGuestRewards.com.

This represents an expansion of the paperless coupon benefit that Select Executive members have enjoyed throughout 2013. We look forward to continued enhancements of this benefit, including the ability to apply the coupons to a reservation using self-service channels, at a later date.

Any traditional paper coupons issued prior to March 1, 2014 will continue to function as you are accustomed, and will not be included in your paperless coupon inventory.

Anthony Rizos
Program Manager
Amtrak Guest Rewards
Thanks, Anthony. Assume we'll still be able able to purchase incremental upgrades using our points and they'll just be credited to our account electronically? Also, noticed when using the coupon between a select city pair, we're no longer earning the incremental 250
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:50 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by aptusboy
Thanks, Anthony. Assume we'll still be able able to purchase incremental upgrades using our points and they'll just be credited to our account electronically?
I'm not Anthony, but yes, you'll still be able to buy coupons with your points and they too will be credited electronically.

Originally Posted by aptusboy
Also, noticed when using the coupon between a select city pair, we're no longer earning the incremental 250
Correct! This was announced & discussed here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.