Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Possible to combine complimentary companion ticket with upgrade voucher on Acela?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to combine complimentary companion ticket with upgrade voucher on Acela?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold

I have an Acela reservation for 2 pax booked for end of next week in "business class" using a companion pass.

I understand that I can upgrade the reservation to F if I pay for both upgrades, and I may decide to do that.

My question is: Is it possible to use a 48-hour upgrade voucher in combination with my current reservation? If so, it is possible to apply it to both reservations, or just to my (paid) one?

I don't have the companion pass in front of me so I can't do the obvious thing and see whether it says "cannot be combined..."

TIA.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Nope.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
I've actually been lucky in doing this before. Don't try to do it in the Club, since the agents there know all the rules. Use the regular Acela line and play dumb. I'm sure it varies by agent, but it's worth a try.

Today, I even got a regular agent to accept an upgrade coupon from Business to First even though it's a blackout date because of the holiday weekend.

Good luck!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by palmetto86
I've actually been lucky in doing this before. Don't try to do it in the Club, since the agents there know all the rules. Use the regular Acela line and play dumb. I'm sure it varies by agent, but it's worth a try.

Today, I even got a regular agent to accept an upgrade coupon from Business to First even though it's a blackout date because of the holiday weekend.

Good luck!
Interesting. It's a 5:00 a.m. departure. Might be worth a shot, but I wasn't planning on getting there early.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.