How long for CO transfers to AGR?

Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL: FB Gold, A3 *G, DL GM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silv, IHG Plat Ambassador
How long for CO transfers to AGR?

Attempting to avoid another multiple hour wait to speak to the OnePass desk, how long has it taken for CO mileage transfers to AGR lately? It's been 2 weeks and the miles haven't posted to AGR.

I just don't want to wait until 12/31 and end up with no ability to properly transfer the points.

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
help yourself please

Why not try searching the forum before posting.

Here is just one very recent thread I found.
There are many others as well so please try the wonderful search feature

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...transfers.html
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Typically, CO>AGR transfers post on the first Monday after the initiation. If two weeks has passed, I think it is time to get back to CO to find out what going on.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS, DL
Were you able to contact Continental and track your miles down? I initiated my transfer last Wednesday and am still waiting...
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:22 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I transferred points recently and they took less than 24 hours to post. Be SURE to verify all account numbers with the agent before s/he completes the transaction. I did have problems with the read-back of the account numbers and had to cancel the first transaction to be sure the account numbers were right. Tell the agent at the beginning of the call that you want the numbers verified before they complete the transaction.

Since it's been two weeks, I would definitely call to verify the transfer.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
I was wondering the same thing. I transferred 60K points from CO to AGR on Dec 9th, and I don't see my points in my AGR account yet. I hate to wait on the phone for another 1+ hours to just find out that the process is just taking a while, or worse yet, they can't tell me anything. I was originally told 8-10 days is what I should expect.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:34 pm

Mine has not transferred

My 12-8 and 12-13 transfers have not made to Amtrak as yet
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
I see I'm not alone

I requested a 25K transfer to AGR on 12/7, also still no sign of it at Amtrak yet. AGR says they have no record of any transfer from CO, so I'm using some downtime to sit on hold with CO to see if they know where it is.

If I reach a person before I have to leave the office, I'll post any insight they have on how long these are taking. I was told originally it would be 10 days.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by octr202
I requested a 25K transfer to AGR on 12/7, also still no sign of it at Amtrak yet. AGR says they have no record of any transfer from CO, so I'm using some downtime to sit on hold with CO to see if they know where it is.

If I reach a person before I have to leave the office, I'll post any insight they have on how long these are taking. I was told originally it would be 10 days.
Welcome to Flyertalk. Thank you for a great first post, I hope to profit from your experience on hold
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by darben
Welcome to Flyertalk. Thank you for a great first post, I hope to profit from your experience on hold
Thanks for the welcome.

Hold time was only about 20 minutes. Didn't really get any new info, other than agent says they are somewhat slow. I had her check the account numbers and all was entered correctly.

I'll have the opportunity to spend quality time with their hold music if it doesn't come through next Monday or so.

Guess I shoulda moved these old orphaned miles out a long time ago!
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:09 pm

thx octr202
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:38 pm

I wonder if Continental temporarily ran out of Amtrak points to trade...an 11/28 made it through in the usual Monday-after amount of time. My 12/15 is still pending though.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
12/19/2011 Amtrak Mileage Transfer 2VX5 (5,000)
12/09/2011 Amtrak Mileage Transfer 2VX60 (60,000)

I haven't seen the points from either of these transactions show up in my AGR account yet. Makes me nervous...
Old Dec 26, 2011, 7:11 am

I transferred 12/12. Still nothing. Stinks because I NEED to travel this upcoming weekend. Anyone want to lend me 20k points? I'll make it worth your while.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS, DL
Has anyone had any luck so far with mid-late December transfers? I am still waiting on my transfer that I initiated on December 14 and was really hoping the miles would show up this morning. I am just taking a guess here here, but is there any chance Continental is out of AGR points and is waiting for all the requests through the 31st and purchasing the exact amount required at that time so as to have none left over?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.