Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

The Great Escape 2012 - AGR Winter Promotion Starts Jan 4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:24 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)

Where would you like winter to take you?

The Amtrak Guest Rewards® Great Escape is back, and with it comes a way in which winter can take you where you want to go. Register and travel Acela® January 4 through February 29, 2012, and when you take three qualifying round-trips, you’ll get one free round-trip for travel July 4 through August 30, 2012.

Or, ride the Northeast Regional January 4th through February 29, 2012 and when you take two qualifying roundtrips, you’ll get one free roundtrip for travel July 4 through August 30, 2012.

Visit AmtrakGuestRewards.com tomorrow for more information and to register.

Becky Parks
Senior Marketing Officer, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

There are contradictory/incorrect dates in the terms for the Regional offer.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:21 am

can offers be switched?

Last edited by LilZeppelin; Jan 4, 2012 at 12:23 pm
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:28 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Hi All,

The terms are now correct for the Northeast Regional promotion.

Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer to participate. Register online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com/Take2. To qualify, two Northeast Regional roundtrips or four one-way trips must be taken between 1/4/12 through 2/29/2012. Minimum spend of $49 per qualifying one-way trip required. Limit of two qualifying trips per day (one roundtrip or two one-ways). Members must include their membership number when making reservations. Travel with a monthly pass, rail pass or using multi-ride tickets does not qualify for this promotion. Cancelled or refunded reservations/tickets will be deemed ineligible. Free trips are valid for Northeast Regional Coach class travel 7/4/12 through 8/30/12. No printed voucher will be mailed. A maximum of two roundtrips may be earned. Other terms and conditions apply.

Amtrak®, Amtrak Guest Rewards®, and Northeast Regional are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.

Becky Parks
Senior Marketing Officer, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
So, six Acela one-ways will garner two free one-ways. Would three Acela one-ways produce one free one-way, or would you get nothing? I will have no problem maxing out on the Regional offer, but my Acela trips are less frequent.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by vatraveler
So, six Acela one-ways will garner two free one-ways. Would three Acela one-ways produce one free one-way, or would you get nothing? I will have no problem maxing out on the Regional offer, but my Acela trips are less frequent.
You need six one-ways on Acela (or four on Regional) for the reward. Nothing for three.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by johncm
You need six one-ways on Acela (or four on Regional) for the reward. Nothing for three.
Thanks - thought so. :-(
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Anyone know if a trip on the Keystone between PHL-NYP counts as a trip on the NER? Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by amejr999
Anyone know if a trip on the Keystone between PHL-NYP counts as a trip on the NER? Thanks.
yes, it does. remember that there is a minimum spend of $49 per segment in order to qualify for this promo.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by abagga
yes, it does. remember that there is a minimum spend of $49 per segment in order to qualify for this promo.
Hmm, AGR told me otherwise when I called. I'll give it another shot. Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: AGR Select
Does anybody know whether the vouchers are transferable? I read all of the rules I could find, but didn't see anything about that. It appears that more specifics won't be attached to the vouchers until they're redeemable in July, but perhaps someone else noticed something I didn't...
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by notacolour
Does anybody know whether the vouchers are transferable? I read all of the rules I could find, but didn't see anything about that. It appears that more specifics won't be attached to the vouchers until they're redeemable in July, but perhaps someone else noticed something I didn't...
They're not really vouchers anymore like they were in the past. When you redeem your free trip, 8,000 points for each trip is posted to your account and then immediately deducted from your account to pay for your ticket. This can be done online, but only for your travel I believe.

However, by calling up AGR any agent can redeem those points and issue tickets in someone else's name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.