Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

'59 Bordeaux Wine Dinner at DANIEL

New York, NY
November 10, 2009

$4,750 per person or 593,750 Membership Rewards® points

Max: 4 packages per Card member; 24 packages available

On sale September 30, 2009, 3 pm ET; Call 800-321-RSVP (7787)

Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the legendary 1959 vintage at a wine fête at Restaurant DANIEL.

Pay homage to the extraordinary 1959 vintage at a once-in-a-lifetime dinner at Chef Daniel Boulud's four-star Restaurant DANIEL. After a Champagne reception in the private Bellecour Room, join eminent Importer and Wine Director Daniel Johnnes for a dinner to remember. He will guide your tasting of hand-selected and rare 1959 gems from the illustrious Château Lafite, Château Latour, Château Mouton Rothschild, Château d'Yquem, as well as fine Burgundies from the '59 vintage. Savor an intimate six-course dinner to complement these highly sought-after fine wines, considered some of the 20th century's greatest vintages. Depart with a unique gift from this legendary 1959 Bordeaux experience.
must stop drooling...
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
This actually seems quite doable, and oooooh so desirable.

I mean, not a great use of Amex points (though I've got the balance for it).

But if I wasn't otherwise and unalterably engaged on November 10th I'd actually consider this.
Old May 21, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Legende of the Cellar: France Meets Italy

New York, NY
October 13, 2010

$3,995 per person or 499,750 Membership Rewards® points

Max: 6 packages per Card member; 20 packages available

On Sale June 3, 2010, 3pm EST; Call 800-321-RSVP (7787)

Savor an epic French and Italian wine experience with Jancis Robinson and Sergio Esposito.

Vin or Vino. Barlolo or Burgundy? Each makes the ultimate expression of Merlot, but do you prefer Pomerol's Petrus or Bolgheri's Masseto? Fid out as you experience the best of France and Italy under the guidance of Master of Wine Jancis Robinson and Italian Wine Merchant Sergio Esposito. This epic evening of France and Itay's great pairings unfolds with a combination of 100-point wines, from iconic 1982 Mouton Rothschild to the 1985 Sassicaia (and the debut 1968 Sassicaia). Explore each country';s regional treasures as Alba's first tartufi bianchi of the season are paired with a rare 1955 Conterno Barolo Monfortino and 1958 Gaja Barbaresco; and France's Perigord black truffles are paired with 1990 DRC La Tache - just a few highlights from this nine-course menu featuring 17 exquisite pairings.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

50-Year Wine Anniversary: The Legendary 1961 Vintage
Celebrate the '61 vintage with world renowned wine expert and author Jancis Robinson. Set in the private salons at Le Bernardin, Ms. Robinson will uncork the evening with a rare two-part 1961 tasting featuring the Dom Perignon Di & Charles Wedding Cuvée, a Chateau Latour and Chateau Palmer, among many others. Following, guests will enjoy a four-course dinner, each course paired with older and younger wines selected by Ms. Robinson and Le Bernardin’s award-winning Sommelier, Aldo Sohm.7
New York, NY • Oct 20, 2011 • On sale Aug 26, 2011
$3,700 per person or 462,500 Membership Rewards points
http://www.departures.com/promo/acce...niversary.html
Jancis Robinson OBE, MW.

Savor a rare tasting of Vintage 1961 wines from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Champagne and Piedmont, including the celebrated:
Dom Pérignon Di & Charles Wedding Cuvée
Champagne Lanson
Chambolle Musigny Clair Dua
Giacomo Conterno
Chateau Calon Ségur
Lynch-Bages
Chateau Palmer
Chateau Latour
Cheval Blanc

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 4, 2011 at 2:37 pm
Old Sep 4, 2011, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

updated with more info

i wonder if this has become an annual thing, interesting how prices have decreased

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.