Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum Lounge Access - Does BP policy apply to guests?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz Gold, National Exec

I understand that lounge access with the US Platinum card requires a BP for a current day flight on the lounge's operating airline for the cardholder.

However, since the cardholder is allowed to bring in guest(s) ... do the guest(s) also need to hold BPs on the operating airline? I would suspect not, but I can find no definitive answer on that question. I actually have an upcoming trip where this will be tested.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by rajivarora
I understand that lounge access with the US Platinum card requires a BP for a current day flight on the lounge's operating airline for the cardholder.

However, since the cardholder is allowed to bring in guest(s) ... do the guest(s) also need to hold BPs on the operating airline? I would suspect not, but I can find no definitive answer on that question. I actually have an upcoming trip where this will be tested.
I have always been required to show a BP showing a flight on that carrier's metal for access. In 20-30 guest-accompanied visits to various lounges, I have never had them ask to see a BP for the guest.

YMMV, of course, but in my experience, it should not be an issue.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz Gold, National Exec
Thanks for your response. It confirms what I already suspected, and is good news for an upcoming trip.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 3:25 pm

I have been specifically informed at Delta and American Airlines lounges that the companion does not need to show ID or a boarding pass when entering with me.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by juuceman
I have been specifically informed at Delta and American Airlines lounges that the companion does not need to show ID or a boarding pass when entering with me.
Same thing is for CO. guests are not require to show an id or a boarding pass.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 7:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
CO/NW/DL here. Always enter with guest(s), never showed any 'credentials' for the guest.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Same thing is for CO. guests are not require to show an id or a boarding pass.
That's odd, considering that when they added the ID requirement, they told us it was "for security reasons." So, guests are not a potential security threat to the club?
Old Nov 25, 2008, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Steve M
That's odd, considering that when they added the ID requirement, they told us it was "for security reasons." So, guests are not a potential security threat to the club?
I will be in the CO club tomorrow and can report again. However, my guests were never required to show and id at many different CO clubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.